Show Navigation Menu

How do you want your funeral/grave etc?

More
13 years 8 months ago #24400 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Epitaphs?!
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Do you think/know if memories would be retained? Is it even possible? Seeing as, as far as I'm aware, memories and thoughts are formed by..Electrical? Connections? In the brain..I don't know if they disappear once you die or if they can reconnect upon fiddling around with life/cryogenics..

I never was 'into' science, which is a bit of a shame, so I'd love to have a bit of insight. :P

It would really depend on the technology. I would assume that they would find a way to keeping the memories when using cryogenics, but for now the rule is once you're declared brain dead, that's it, you won't regain conciousness or your memories etc. and there isn't a way back. Therefore, the problem is how to preserve the human without killing it. Maybe the answer will be in some kind of combination between cryogenics and hibernation, who knows. I don't think I'll live long enough to see that happen. :silly:

Ah right..So no chance of life after death then.

At least, not the same life with the same memories. Hmm. Curious thoughts. Curious thoughts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds