Show Navigation Menu

How do you want your funeral/grave etc?

More
14 years 4 months ago #10990 by Envy
Uhm..I'd probably want to be cremated and have a Chinese grave made for me.

They're like little shrines, as every year, there's a..Not sure what it translates to..But a 'day of the dead' sort of thing? Where the whole populace migrates to the graveyards to pay their respects to their deceased. The 'shrine' type grave means people have space to offer food etc..Each grave also has a small picture of the person who now occupies that space. My favourite 'shrine' was one where two stone lions formed pillars to the sides of the basic gravestone slab, which held up an ornate 'roof' above the picture of the person.

Although the picture isn't always a good thing..I only ever met my uncle once when he was the age I am now (17)..He died very young and just having a picture staring back at me from his grave was quite difficult to face. Even harder when adults around you are all in tears - Has a knock on effect.

Can't find an exact picture, but this one's the closest I found.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11004 by scootiebee
Knumpcy, I think I might like to spend eternity in a folly like that. Charming, and definitely won't go unnoticed. My neighbor just had his wife cremated and used her ash to make mortar, and built a HUGE waterfall and reflecting pool in his front yard. I like that idea, too.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11011 by knumpcy
scootiebee wrote:

Knumpcy, I think I might like to spend eternity in a folly like that. Charming, and definitely won't go unnoticed. My neighbor just had his wife cremated and used her ash to make mortar, and built a HUGE waterfall and reflecting pool in his front yard. I like that idea, too.

I think that is a brilliant gesture on his part. For my case my estate will be quite smaller holding one casket(Mum) and then niche's for urns. That estate for Mrs. Acklen holds 4 coffins, hers and the 3 husbands resting there before her death, and the estate is valued at today around 4 million dollars...

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 4 months ago #11013 by Ulfric
Id have rockish songs played that deal with things ending and some inspiring ones and ones i like. And id want to be dressed in something i actual wore instead of the typical half suit. Other then that id want it to be pretty normal.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12181 by necie1286
i'd want mine to not be full of crying and people being sad. i know it would be sad but i would want people to be there sharing good times we all had and some music playing. and i'd love to wear a old type of dress and a nice necklace.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12230 by SkieShauphen
necie1286 wrote:

i'd want mine to not be full of crying and people being sad. i know it would be sad but i would want people to be there sharing good times we all had and some music playing. and i'd love to wear a old type of dress and a nice necklace.

That's why I enjoy southern Louisiana funerals (not sure if I already covered this in this thread). They have a parties for their funerals. It's so much fun. I think it's rather silly to mourn someone's death.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds