Show Navigation Menu

How do you want your funeral/grave etc?

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #7151 by Aftermidnight
I was originally going to start a thread called What song do you want played at your funeral? but I reconsidered and went the whole hog. You could say it's a bit morbid but has anyone thought how they'd like their funeral to go? Do you want a song played? (Is it Stairway to Heaven?).
At the age of 18 it hopefully isn't something I'll have to worry about for a while but I'd like to be buried in a wicker casket and buried at a resting place a few minutes drive from where I live; they plant a tree over your body and it's all environmentally-friendly. And want people to be happy at the party afterward.
Oh and for those who were wondering, Alive by Pearl Jam. Perfect blend of hard rock with punk and metal with an amazing solo and lyrics. And the irony, because of course, I wouldn't be alive...
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7155 by Morgana
I want to be cremated. I'm claustrophic, and horrified at the thought of being buried alive. Not likely to happen in this day and age I know, but still... Haven't really given much thought as to what I want done with my ashes though. At 35, I hope I still have lots of time to decide.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7163 by Thurysaz
@ Aftermidnigth:

buried in a wicker coffin and replant a tree above??

It's great that! My home is impossble to be buried like that but ...
I found this great idea!

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7170 by CorpseQueen
Probably want to be spread with the wind. I don't want to be locked in, and freedome is what I need the most. I don't want to spend my death in a metallic urn or a casket or anything...
Been thinking about what stone I'd like tho, but it's the same kind of thought as when I think how to raise my child - could be fun to think about for 5min, but never gonna get to that point anyway, so why bother?

But then again, I hope not to die. Still got my hopes. And if I don't die, then you will notice...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #7171 by black_magnolia
I have thought about my own funeral after my grandmother died and we had to organize her funeral.

In Croatia funerals are a bit different then what I have gathered you have in the UK or in the USA. Example: You don't have music played. Generally it comes down to the priest having a speech (not really a mass, but don't know how to call it) as usually even if you're not Catholic your family can get a priest to come and say something, bless and all the things priests do for such an occasion.

I personally, don't like the idea of a priest of a religion I don't believe in, conducting my funeral, but people generally don't know what else to do. The idea of not having a priest is quite horrid for some as they don't know how to organize a funeral then, led out of the idea that somebody has to say something ergo you can't just gather round and put the coffin into the ground.

Personally, I want a simple funeral. A wooden coffin and buried at the cemetery near my fathers village where most of my family is buried. No priest, no special agenda. I don't want the grave to be covered with stone (which is custom in Croatia) but to have grass and some plants on it like it has now for my grandmother. I despise the way most Croatian keep their families graves. They put stone all over and add some plastic flowers for decoration and visit the grave mostly once a year if they remember. My gran has a lot of plants covering her grave, with almost all of them having flowers in different times of the year so it looks like a tiny garden in the midst of stone and plastic. Really sticks out of the lot.

I know that what I wish and how in the end it will turn out depends on my family but I hope they will try to follow my wishes the best they can. I don't see a reason why someone should spend a fortune on a funeral when he/she won't have anything from it with all the problems of being dead etc. I want my family and friends to have a nice time, throw a party in my honour and live their lives the best they can.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7175 by morphea3107
i will not accept to be buried six feet under ...cremation dear friends cremation ...

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds