Show Navigation Menu

alcoholic beverages

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14928 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:alcoholic beverages
OMG this prooved to be a bit harder than I thought but here goes
- You need 1 liter of Dark Rum (and don't worry of the brand, expensive or not it is only important that it is rum) and pour it in a 2 liter bottle.

- Next take one third of a kilo of sugar (around 330gr)(I think white is better than brown in this case) and pour it into the 2l bottle with the rum and have someone shake it while you go and

- Make juice from one common sized lemon and pour it in the bottle (don't think the shaking part has ended)

- Now the tough part, spices, we have figured that you need a lot of clove, about 25-30 pieces like this www.herbateka.eu/slike/vesti/klincic.jpg (magnolia please correct me if I named id wrong they are called \"karanfilic\" here)

-next is cinnamon and don't overdue it, I personally take the bag and shake it a little it is about one fifth of a small coffee spoon.

-And last spice is Muscat nut, but you musn't put too much, I take the plane and rind it 3 times lightly.
Shake it a bit more, so all the sugar is gone and leave it for 24 hours, then the spices will give it aroma and it shall be ready.

Now the drinking - you pour the grog syrup you made in a cup (um, it is refered to as syrup because it is very strong don't even think about drinking it alone) about 1 finger deep would be enough and pour hot hot water over, and YO HO HO

Now what I have written is our preference here (I hope it is well translated though) and it is a bit changed normal recipe we got from a cook. I am a big fan of cocktails so if anyone needs help or a recipe I will provide it :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by millkins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14930 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:alcoholic beverages
For me it is Absinthe because i realy love the effect!

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14943 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:alcoholic beverages
millkins, I wish I had the ingredients for your grog recipe. Sounds very warming! I could use some right now.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14978 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:alcoholic beverages
Thanks Millkins! I'm going to print that and give it a try.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14986 by black_magnolia
Tnx, millkins for the recipe! And yep, cloves is the correct translation.
I'll try to make your grog next winter; I'll hopefully be able to drink alcohol till then. My doctor said no alcohol for several months because of the mononucleosis...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14999 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:alcoholic beverages
@everyone, if you need a cocktail recipe just ask :D I am making it my hobby and am willing to share any time :D

@black_magnolia - OMG, I had that too, 9 years ago :( , I wish you luck and hope it will leave no scars on you.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by millkins.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds