Show Navigation Menu

Sports

More
14 years 7 months ago #3837 by Lonecrow
Favorite sport was created by Lonecrow
For those who like (or enjoy doing) sport, which is your favorite sport?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3848 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Favorite sport
Bonjour everyone,

For me it's not really the sport I love (even if I made the weight maintenance), but the martial arts.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3859 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Favorite sport
Mine is mountain biking it keeps you really fit.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3868 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Favorite sport
Dead ball, Hoverglide, Capture the fort and all the other fictive games they can't invent because the insufficience of technology. :(

Other than that paintball, archery and sharpshooting.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3891 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Favorite sport
I've tried quite a number of different sports, wouldn't believe me if you saw me now because I've been really lazy in the last time... I did classical ballet for 5 years, classical modern dance for 2 years, volleyball for 2 years, aikido (Japanese martial art) for a year and swimming for I don't even know how much, some 7 years competitively, 2 years I've worked as a swimming coach and have been swimming for myself the rest of the time preferring marathons to short distance disciplines. My favorite is swimming as it trains every muscle of your body and aikido (which I hope to start again in the near future) which has a deep spiritual quality and teaches you how to defend yourself and not harm you opponent (which, as I know, isn't the case with other martian arts, correct me if I'm wrong).

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3899 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Favorite sport
Bonjour Sister Black_Magnolia,

You’re not wrong.

It is true that in many martial arts technique tends to want to break the enemy ...

But that's for young practitioners! For the purpose, from a certain level of mastery is the \"sen-no-sen » fight without fighting.
Translation aims to defend himself without coming in physical confrontation.

Learning to be a warrior without a fight physically.

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds