Show Navigation Menu

Deadly Allergies

More
14 years 6 months ago #5984 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
My nephew is allergic to nickel as well, and he has to be very careful. There is nickel in so many things. They found out when he was little and needed glasses. They caused a horrible rash, so he has to wear either plastic or silver-plated (gold plated apparently reacts too because the gold is not pure enough (contains nickel to make it sturdy enough to make into glasses).

And black_magnolia, I have heard of others allergic to thimerosal, which is a type of mercury used to stabilize vaccines. I nearly died from having the measles vaccine when I was little, but I seem to have outgrown that allergy. They actually ask every time I get a flu shot if you have allergies to eggs, but I don't think they use thimerosal in vaccines anymore (at least in the U.S.), because parents were thinking it was related to the development of autism in kids, too. I don't believe that one, but who knows?

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5996 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
i am really allergic to gold...jewelry made of gold....

More
14 years 6 months ago #6013 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
I just know that if I wear a necklace or earrings made of something else then gold and silver (at least the more common jewelries, cheap stuff) it's gonna itch... know titanium doesn't have any nickel, as they don't work togheter, so if I ever pierce something on my body it's gonna be with titanium... or plastic... hm.

Also a bit allergic to makeup. Not sure what ingredient, but as a child I got red and itchy when I had my whole face painted, and after a summer of not wearing any makeup and then painting my eyes with layer on layer of black eyeliner at beginning of school, my eyes got swollen... but can wear it on an everyday basis tho.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #6018 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
being allergic to makeup sucks....you should try some natural make up products...

More
14 years 6 months ago #6213 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
I overcame mine yrs ago but I seem to be getting one very irritating one living in the USA with all of the ignorance floating around.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 6 months ago #6220 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
CorpseQueen, a lot of the \"face paint\" makeup they use on kids at carnivals and the like contains base metals. The real thick stuff, the kind that comes in a lot of Halloween makeup kits or that nitwits cover their bodies in at football games, those pasty makeup products have a lot of nasty base metals, like nickel, in them. Just figure that might be why you had the reaction to them.

Knumpcy, I get that reaction too, sometimes. Strange itching on the back of my neck in crowds of people in suits...

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds