Show Navigation Menu

Deadly Allergies

More
14 years 6 months ago #5929 by CorpseQueen
Deadly Allergies was created by CorpseQueen
It runs in the family, at least one the female side of it. I'm not as bad as my mother has been and one of my sisters are, but I still suffer from it...

I'm not the allergic type, but I know a few that seem to be allergic to everything, and the rest they don't like... (example: my boyfriend) but I do have at least one allergy.

I'm allergic to nickel. And what's that, you may ask? It's a metall, infused in almost all metals that are made today, like coins, jewelry and so on. But gold doesn't have any nickel, and silver can have a small precentage. The smaller, the more expencive.
It hasn't been that bad; I can wear silver. I thought. But today I couldn't wear one small chain even half the day before it began to become too uncomfortable, and I had to take it of.

And I just wonder... how will this affect the relation between and Alchemy? I don't have many of their jewelry, but as most of what they make aren't even silver, then how could I wear it for even one day? You see, the more I'm close to nickel, the worse I get. My mother couldn't even keep coins in her pockets some time ago...

What aobut all of you? Do you suffer from anything alike, or do you have your own restrictions?

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5930 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
I'm not allergic to metals except for copper. I had some lovely copper earrings (okay, I know copper jewels are quite unusual) adn wore them for a day and I got some terrible infections, which fortunately heald. I am allergic to foods, but it isn't severe, I just get horrible rashes that itch so much that I fee like slashing my skin...and they also swell :S but I haven't discovered all the foods I'm allergic too... I used to take medication for my allergies but they made me drowsy and I felt stoned all day ong. I stopped taking them because I became addicted :laugh:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #5934 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
I am not allergic!

More
14 years 6 months ago #5942 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
I don't have deadly allergies but I'm allergic to sunlight (have to wear photosensitive glasses or sunglasses all the time; have to go to the dermatologist every 4 months for check ups so that i don't get skin cancer, have like 8 out of 10 signs for it... wasn't on a check up for over 2 years now), penicillin (drugs with it don't work with me but I never had to take any penicillin in a high dosage to see if I would get an anaphylactic shock) and I'm also allergic to a metal named Tymerosal that is common in some vaccines like for tetanus, polyo etc.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5954 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
Bonsoir everyone!

I either I am not at all allergic!

And if i'm not wrong there is not Nickel in pewter...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5956 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Deadly Allergies
Ah yes, a subject I am far too familiar with . . .

Ironically for a chef, I have food allergies. I am allergic to sesame, soy and legumes. Those ones aren't so bad. I just get really sick. I am, however, very allergic to nuts. Peanuts in particular are very bad. If I were to ingest even just something contaminated with nuts I can go into anaphalactic shock and die within five minutes. Back in January I had a bad scare when someone at work didn't clean up their area after working with nuts. When I had to take over their spot I broke out in hives and started to have trouble breathing. I nearly passed out and had to use my epinephrin pen for the first time in my life to help keep me breathing. Got ambulanced to hospital shortly after and spent the day there.

On the plus side, I deduced the conclusion that the majority of people who believe that they have been abducted by aliens have merely been the recipients of an ambulance ride. Seriously. You're strapped down to an uncomfortable surface, they shine a bright light in your eyes and you get poked and prodded all over. Sounds like an alien abduction account to me . . .

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds