Show Navigation Menu

The fear of \"others\"

More
14 years 6 months ago #6322 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:The fear of
scootiebee wrote:

People are always pleasantly surprised when the oddball is polite, conversant, and half-intelligent. It makes me happy to open someone's mind a little now and then.

Agreed. And I think I'm the only young person on the bus to college who smiles at anyone if I catch their eye... Although actually OAPs do tend to avoid me. Their loss :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6374 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:The fear of \"others\"
Bonsoir sister Anastasia13,

Recently there was a subject that asked \"what do you want Alchemy to make?\"

Now we've found!

Buffers!!!

Black with skulls and aplicator in English Pewter ... :laugh:

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6379 by scootiebee
I had to go in to court today to support a friend in a family dispute, and I was nervous about my appearance. But everyone thought I looked either nice or lovely or I even got a beautiful, and several compliments on my dress. Well, for the buttoned-up legal world, apparently goth is in, even black and red corsets.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6477 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:The fear of
scootiebee wrote:

I only change how I look if it will affect my daughter. I try to dress more \"plain\" when I have to be at her school, because how I look could help or hurt her. When I am out and dressed \"strange\", I always try to be on my best behavior. People are always pleasantly surprised when the oddball is polite, conversant, and half-intelligent. It makes me happy to open someone's mind a little now and then.

Are you related to Miss Manners, lol just kidding. i am the same way when I am about and it always suprises people.

www.gothic-charm-school.com/

So far it is a pretty good read.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 6 months ago #6478 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:The fear of \"others\"
I can't say that I am always polite, 1% of the time I do get into trouble because a nerve was hit wrongly. Though I do keep my composure more than i don't and if I really wish to be happier I just drink another glass of Merlot. Well maybe a few more.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 6 months ago #6527 by SkieShauphen
I agree with most everyone here so far. True, most Goths 'I' meet are nice and polite but there are quite a few that are just the opposite. There are those whom believe themselves above others and continuously badger others for no apparent reason. Most of said people I've met on a web site called VampireFreaks. The thing I've noticed most is that the more popular a group/web site/ area of interest gets, the more people show up to inspect it. When this places or places fill up with various types of people, you generally get a diversity in personalities. Gothic web sites that are popular tend to gather more assholes because there are more people involved while a less popular site would not have nearly as many assholes simply because of the asshole to non-asshole ratios.
Since most humans fear that which is unknown to them, any culture that is different will generally scare them off. It's been a hell of a time convincing employers that I'm a great person and I work very well in almost any environment. Sadly, most people will just take a look at you and judge instantly without getting to know you.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds