Show Navigation Menu

Children

More
12 years 7 months ago #35479 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Children
I'm another one of these that never \"got\" why kids and babies were so cute. And that baby smell that some poeple rave about - it's an unpleasant, sour milk smell to me. I tend to stay away from children where possible, and for many and complicated reasons will never have any of my own. One thing I will never do is subject another person to the emotional abuse my parents put me through, and I just know that they'd do to any grandchildren what they did to me, called me fat, thick, ugly, you name it I was it (if it was something negative).

I also had horrendous periods until finally getting injections instead of the pill about a year ago, and now I have no periods whatsoever which is a blessing. After hearing friends' descriptions of childbirth and some of the things that can happen during and after it, I wouldn't want to put my body through that! And considering that my mother was in an extremely painful labour with me for over forty-eight hours, with an inherited womb defect that makes even having a smear test painful, well, there will be no convincing me otherwise!

Besides all that, my partner's ex wants us to take on his son when the boy turns sixteen - when she'll be losing maintenance money, essentially (unless he decides to continue in education) - and we simply don't have the space or money to keep a teenager. So all in all, the subject of children is a bit of a sore point right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35492 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Children
DarkFlights wrote:

I'm another one of these that never \"got\" why kids and babies were so cute. And that baby smell that some poeple rave about - it's an unpleasant, sour milk smell to me.

Haha, I smell something weird coming off of babies too. I don't think it smells nice. :woohoo: It just smells...Like baby. A mix of hospital + puke. :blink:

Very weird thing I only noticed recently..I find Chinese babies completely adorable..but not really any others. Annoying..I don't find Asian men attractive at all for some reason (it does annoy me a lot, but I can't help it. I do feel very much like a bit of a traitor to my own race but hey..If I don't feel anything, what can I do?)..So I guess I can never have a Chinese baby. :huh:

I guess since I came back from Hong Kong, the above has bothered me more than ever.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35500 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Children
Envy wrote:

DarkFlights wrote:

I'm another one of these that never \"got\" why kids and babies were so cute. And that baby smell that some poeple rave about - it's an unpleasant, sour milk smell to me.

Haha, I smell something weird coming off of babies too. I don't think it smells nice. :woohoo: It just smells...Like baby. A mix of hospital + puke. :blink:

Very weird thing I only noticed recently..I find Chinese babies completely adorable..but not really any others. Annoying..I don't find Asian men attractive at all for some reason (it does annoy me a lot, but I can't help it. I do feel very much like a bit of a traitor to my own race but hey..If I don't feel anything, what can I do?)..So I guess I can never have a Chinese baby. :huh:

I guess since I came back from Hong Kong, the above has bothered me more than ever.

Dunno. I think it depends on the person and the baby. They do have a specific smell about them, personally - neither pleasant or unpleasant, but from all the babies I've held or been close to, there have been only a couple which I didn't like how they smelt (not having in mind full dippers here) and there was one baby girl I was debating on eating because she smelt sooo nice. :woohoo:

Oh, and I'm not so surprised you like Asian babies. :P I mean, if you will have kids with a Caucasian guy, then your kids will surely end up looking Asian even thought they would be just half and half, right? :silly:

No need to feel like a traitor to your race, either. If you would have been brought up in HK, then you surely would prefer Chinese guys. Same way I'm not attracted to black or asian guys because there are so few of them in Croatia that I'm just not used to seeing them in real life. It's just strange. :huh:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35502 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Children
black_magnolia wrote:

Oh, and I'm not so surprised you like Asian babies. :P I mean, if you will have kids with a Caucasian guy, then your kids will surely end up looking Asian even thought they would be just half and half, right? :silly:

No need to feel like a traitor to your race, either. If you would have been brought up in HK, then you surely would prefer Chinese guys. Same way I'm not attracted to black or asian guys because there are so few of them in Croatia that I'm just not used to seeing them in real life. It's just strange. :huh:

Ohh depends. I can't help but stare when I see mixed Chinese/Caucasian couples having babies. Just curiosity I guess. I want to see what mine may come out like. They tend to either look really Chinese or really Caucasian. :blink:

I'm not even sure I'd prefer Chinese guys if I was brought up in Hong Kong. :huh: When I was over there just recently, it was so weird to look around and not find any one of them attractive in the slightest..

Most girls over there tend to see Caucasian men in the media somehow and end up fancying them too. Hm! :S

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds