Show Navigation Menu

Children

More
13 years 10 months ago #22620 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:Children
I was just thinking about kids since my little cousins are here and I figured out that I already have names for my own children. Can't wait for that moment...

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22635 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Children
:laugh: My friend's brother made a very amusing yet true statement the other day. He claimed teenage girls all \"want babies but don't want kids\" whilst ranting about a girl who's 18 or so and has a young rampaging toddler.

I guess in a sense that is very true. Many times I, like any typical female, have had a soft spot for the cuteness of a little one, however, I know that behind those big eyes is a horrific monster which soils itself every couple of minutes and cries 'til dawn when you're trying to sleep, and it only gets worse until they're about ready to leave home? :woohoo:

More
13 years 10 months ago #22696 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Children
Envy, I think I can prove your friend wrong... I don't ever remember thinking babies/toddlers were the least little bit cute. All I ever saw was the howling monster that would take over your life completely.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22703 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Children
Morgana wrote:

Envy, I think I can prove your friend wrong... I don't ever remember thinking babies/toddlers were the least little bit cute. All I ever saw was the howling monster that would take over your life completely.

:P Ahh, interesting view! I have mixed feelings. I find babies cute when they're quiet/sleeping. When they start teething, howling or when they dribble food down their faces and smear sticky stuff all over your stuff - that's when they're definately unwanted.

My parents were lucky in the sense that both I and my brother were mysteriously quiet kids. Never had a temper tantrum etc..

More
13 years 10 months ago #22729 by lionfield66@msn.com
Replied by lionfield66@msn.com on topic Re: Children
i have three kids ranging form 17 to 8 and i have taught my kids that everyone is different.
I do have the odd occassional person stare at me ( because of my pink hair or various colour of the month black at the mo) but i generally get stared at because i was born with a cleft lip and have some facial scarring.
Kids can be really loving and nice but i feel that those kids that a rude or stare its because of he way the parents have brought them up.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22740 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Children
lionfield66@msn.com wrote:

Kids can be really loving and nice but i feel that those kids that a rude or stare its because of he way the parents have brought them up.

Hmm..Yes. I think it's a combination of friend choice, genes and upbringing.

My brother and I were brought up differently - I was hit as a child for punishment before it became illegal in this country, which I feel contributed to me being such a quiet kid who went through a 'rebellious' phase versus my parents once I hit my teens. My brother, however, was born after hitting was made illegal, and yet he was still a quiet baby/child. He just never had the motive to become rebellious as I did, but you never know. He's not hit his teens just yet.

:woohoo: It's very creepy how alike my mother I have become..We were discussing it just the other day whilst having lunch. My mother's had OCD with protecting books and keeping all paperwork clean and perfect i.e. no dog-eared corners. As a result, I, also, have to wrap all of my books in protective covers and keep everything in perfect condition. That's just the start of the list but basically, we're both very germ-conscious as well.

I hate how we look identical too. :angry: She looks so young that everyone assumes we're sisters..*Scowls* It's awful at parents' evenings and open days. The university tutors don't know which of us they're addressing when talking to us. My mother loves it, because she's nearly 50 odd and can still look my age, but I loathe it because it just rubs in my face how similar we look.

Darn genes!

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds