Show Navigation Menu

Children

More
14 years 6 days ago #19541 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Children
Don't know really. I don't generally like kids but there are a few that give me a smile...
Although I hate immaturity and 99% of all children are immature. I didn't like myself when I was a child. I don't intend on having any nor do I even want any. To me it's like an exotic monkey. You love them when they belong to someone else.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 days ago #19563 by Katelyn
Replied by Katelyn on topic Re:Children
I'm pregnant now. I don't yet know the gender, but I ordered a teddy bear onesie on ebay this past friday. It'll probably be a bit too big for the baby until 6 months after birth. I'm due in September. It'll likely be the first or second week of September. My first ultrasound is on May 3. What do you think? boy or girl?

The headaches, nausea, and especially heartburn (acid reflux) are the worst part of pregnancy. I've gained an entire cup size after only three months of pregnancy. I already produce milk. I'm guessing that completely full of milk my bra size will measure DDD easily. My breasts are finally as big as my mother's breasts. My waist size has only recently begun to change. I can still wear my old pants, but the waistline presses on my bladder.

I spend plenty of time in the restroom. I have to urinate at least once an hour. The nausea is easily controlled by eating small meals every few hours. But only opiates will help the headache, and that is not something you want to take regularly during pregnancy. I just live with the headaches. It is not so terrible. Cramps start during the second trimester as the fetus expands.

I actually had an abortion when I was 21. I was drinking heavily for the entire month of conception. As a teen, I had already reasoned my way into accepting abortion so long as it was done early. I was 8 weeks pregnant when I had mine.

But now I have completed my college degree, and I feel very much prepared to have a child. I completed a teaching degree so I do not even worry that perhaps the child will not be able to attend the finest school. I'm even considering keeping my child from organized institutional education until junior high or high school. Junior high and high school are important times for learning about social situations- unpleasant for most, but all the more fruitful for the pain.

As a child, my mother told me that I had no choice but to one day bear children. She always reminded me that we all turn out like our parents (or at least the most present adult figure of our childhoods). We are both very happy about my pregnancy. I'm exceedingly happy to be Mom. My financial situation could be better, and I certainly appreciate a good Father. But I do not worry myself about men right now. I haven't even had sex since February.

Oh hey, wanna hear some sweet secrets? Konstantinos, the Occult Author, has two illegitimate children by two different mothers (both mothers are from the same town as me). There is a boy who should be 9 or 10 now named Izayah and a girl who is probably almost 14 or 15 now named Alexia. Don't bother asking him because he totally forgot everything three years ago.

True story.

If the shoe fits, ask a man if you should wear it. He will then consult another woman. When he tells you yes, wear the shoes to insult the lady who makes you look good. ;D

More
14 years 6 days ago - 14 years 6 days ago #19564 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Children
Wow! When I was nursing Lucy I went up to like an H cup bra. Thank god that is over with now. And the thing with baby clothes is that you want to have the age 6 months things immediately, because they grow so fast, and my daughter was wearing the 6 months old clothes at birth. The first outfit she ever wore, home from the hospital, was TOO SMALL for her! She wore the shirt, but the little footy pajama pants were too small. It was size 3 months old. Just go straight for the 6 months sizes, since the kid will actually be able to wear them for more than a day or two!

I know that China had a one kid policy for a while, but FORCED STERILIZATION? Is that for moms, dads, or both? Just wondering. That is HORRIBLE!!! I can see requesting people not have more than one kid, but forcing people to have surgery is a little over the top. What if, gods forbid, something happens to the child you have? You would never be able to have another? And I have heard that there can be bad side-effects to female sterilization surgery. No thanks!!!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.
Last edit: 14 years 6 days ago by scootiebee.

More
14 years 5 days ago #19582 by Dragonscale
Replied by Dragonscale on topic Re:Children
Im a dad of two,i have a boy whos nearly three and a girl whos at school and nearly 7.I love being a father,dont get me wrong,it can be hard work and frustrating at times and is life changing,but is so worth it,but then i always new i wanted kids,although i wanted to make sure i was settled down and married first.It is funny when i take them to school,i think i have got longer hair then probably 90% of the mums there,i took them yesterday with out tieing my hair back and wore an Ozzy t shirt to see what there reaction was and their faces were a picture.lol

More
14 years 5 days ago #19589 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Children
scootiebee wrote:

I know that China had a one kid policy for a while, but FORCED STERILIZATION? Is that for moms, dads, or both? Just wondering. That is HORRIBLE!!! I can see requesting people not have more than one kid, but forcing people to have surgery is a little over the top. What if, gods forbid, something happens to the child you have? You would never be able to have another? And I have heard that there can be bad side-effects to female sterilization surgery. No thanks!!!

I heard on the news this morning that they pay drug addicts in the US to get sterilised. :huh: It's causing a fair commotion here..The whole argument of the parents' life coming before the unborn baby's versus the other argument..

It seems pretty interesting.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, Katelyn!

I don't think I could go through with it, with all those symptoms..Not at my age anyway. The idea of having kids was never drilled into me from my parents - Nope nope. Not with Chinese parents. It's all about getting into uni and getting a job first, then they'll talk children and marriage once you have a decent salary.

A girl at college had her baby not too long ago. I just don't think kids my age are ready..It was only 3 days old before she brought it into the common room, which is really noisy..The poor thing was surrounded by tons of girls. My boyfriend's sister is having a baby soon..She's my age (17)..It'll be cute when it's born, but I can't imagine how she's dealing with the symptoms whilst pregnant..And God knows what she'll do when it starts to cry every 4 hours.

More
14 years 5 days ago #19605 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Children
Congratulations on the pregnancy, Katelyn! I say it will be a girl, well my tarot cards say that, so let us know when you found out! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds