Show Navigation Menu

Children

More
14 years 6 months ago #5584 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Children
When I was a teen, I decided I would never have children. Now I am 35, and have a 9-year-old daughter. She is fantastic! I don't dress her any particular way. When she was a baby, I tried to dress her like a girl (all baby clothes are either clearly \"boy\" or clearly \"girl\", and she didn't grow any hair until she was over 2 years old. I got sick of people asking what \"HIS\" name was. I would say Lucy, and they would look at me like how horrible to name a boy Lucy!

But at 9 years old, she dresses herself. She prefers black clothes, or red, and wears a lot of jeans, black shoes, and plaids. I am eternally grateful that she likes good music though! She can't stand Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers, so I feel eternally blessed. Her current favorite is U2 (we went to the concert here last week with her), and she basically listens to whatever I have playing. She chose to be a vampire for halloween, and even got her own costume together.

But sometimes she will just be dressed like she will, and so will I. I sometimes get strange looks from other parents, like how can I let her do that, or why would I do that to myself. But the kids universally think I am alright. I am Lucy's Mom to all the kids at school, and they think I am cool because I don't look like their moms. And I like better music than they do. HA!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #5586 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Children
As I stated in my first post, I like children - the innocent, easy to handle, clever children.
I have problems with liking the ones with no manners, but that's their parents fault. I think that you shouldn't have children if you don't know what that means. It means that your children and their needs come first. You can go on a party and have fun, but when you get home you can't lie in bed the whole day with a hangover; you have to get up and make breakfast etc. (I think you can picture my opinion without me going on further.)

I don't think about having children now, but some day with the right person everything is possible. Well, when I think about it now, maybe 3. My parents secured my future for me so I won't have problems doing the same for my own children.
I also think I could be a good parent as I have quite a lot of experience with children of all ages in various situation.

(side note: It's scientifically proved that breastfeeding women are less likely to contract breast cancer and that it prolongs a woman's life.)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5587 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Children
I hope the breastfeeding thing is true. Because I have also heard that being on the pill can increase a risk, I figure I have evened it out by nursing for almost 3 years. And it is the best for the baby, too. Double benefit. Oh, and it helps you lose weight faster after you have the baby.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #5589 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Children
scootiebee wrote:

I hope the breastfeeding thing is true. Because I have also heard that being on the pill can increase a risk, I figure I have evened it out by nursing for almost 3 years. And it is the best for the baby, too. Double benefit. Oh, and it helps you lose weight faster after you have the baby.

WOW! Three years? That's much, I think that one year is enough, no need to over do it. My friend was nursed for 3 years and he was always a very sick child so I think it didn't really help him, but I don't know how it's with your daughter so maybe he was more of an exception...
But breastfeeding is always better then giving artificial baby-milk.
My mom would agree with the losing weight thing.
And being pregnant (and breastfeeding) will give you bigger boobs without a surgery. (Can you back me up on this one, scootibee? My mom told me hers became a whole cup bigger and heard the same from other mothers) XD

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5602 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Children
Your hair will change as well. You can go from straight to curly or the other way around while pregnant, and it doesn't always get back to what it was.

I believe most parents doesn't understand what getting a child means. Many may think of them like dolls, but living, and never understand that they're personalities of their own, with needs and everything.

And about the personality... we once had a great discussion in school about gender, especially among children. Guys, 5 years old and alike, that only dressed in dresses, and how other parents (especailly mothers) would yell at his mother for dressing a GUY in GIRL-clothes...
Another little boy who dressed like a princess, but then got a little sister, and began to dress in black and got into a depression - 3 years old.

There's a lot to think about when getting a child, and even more if you're gonna get several. I suffer from being the oldest one - parents always gave me the responsability of my younger sisters, and never really learned me anything because I was the oldest - I already knew, as they saw it.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #5607 by TheAlcherealist
Replied by TheAlcherealist on topic Re:Children
I love children. They speak always the truth.
And you can't blame them if they stare at you if you're dressed goth or metal or alternative. In most cases they have never contact with some of this styles & something like that is totally new for them.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds