Show Navigation Menu

Children

More
14 years 6 months ago #5515 by black_magnolia
Children was created by black_magnolia
I know there are forum members who are parents, those who are too young to even think about being parents, but today I was on a pedestrians crossing waiting for the green light and a mother came with her baby girl and the girl beamed and waved at me and the mother just smiled. I felt so warm around the heart.

I generally like babies and children and they somehow like me too, no matter how weird I'm dressed, but their parents aren't always that accepting.

I recall once being with my mother in a supermarket and there was a lady with her young son in the line before us and the instant she saw me she stepped out of the line and went to the other side tugging her son with her who was glued with his eyes on me. She just saw a freak in me and I wasn't even dressed up, just a band t-shirt, black trousers and boots.

An other situation I recall, mostly positive one, was while holding the baby son of one of my mother's friends. He was fascinated by my jewelry. I was wearing a choker and a pendant on a long thong. I gave him the pendant so he could hold it but he also wanted the bat on my choker. He grabbed the choker and well, chocked me. :S I could picture the headline in the local paper: Goth chocked by baby. :lol: Adorable little boy. He's 5 now and doesn't chocke me anymore. :)

So what do you think about having children? I know that some Goths dress their kids in gothic cloths from the cradle, what do you think about it? How is it being a Goth parent? (just some questions to get the discussion going...)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #5519 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Children
I've never seen the beautiful in kids. Even as a child, when all else was playing with dolls and whenever there was a real baby close they gathered around it, because it was so cute...

I've seen them, I've even hold some, but I just don't get it. Where's the beauty? I don't see it. How could this be cute? But I understand that others can believe they are.

I decided long ago that I'd not give birth to a child. Now I still hold on to that, but for many other reasons. Why give birth to a child, when the world is overpopulated already? We don't know how to handle this many people yet, and I don't believe it will end well if it continues as it is now.

And I mostly see all the bad parts in parent-hood - never being able to sleep, never having an independent life ever again, those nine months of carrying it around, those hormones that will mess with my personality and mood... and my boyfriend can't barely stand me when I got my period, how could he handle me then?

If I got someones mood down by now, I'm sorry... but either I'm far to young to get the point, or I'm just not a personality that could handle a child fulltime. I can stand them, sure, but that's pretty much it...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by CorpseQueen.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5522 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Children
Quite frankly, I scare children. At least when I'm dressed rather blandly. When I'm in full goth attire I delight children and terrify parents. Odd isn't it?

As far as having children of my own, it's not really something I'm interested in. I've thought long and hard on it and I really don't think I posess any of the qualities of a good parent. Couple that with my bleak outlook on life and I really think a child could do better then me. :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #5529 by Adrianna
Replied by Adrianna on topic Re:Children
I have a 3 and a half month old niece that I think the world of and I tend to buy her all the cute things I like but that are more suitable for children (bat stuffed animals, little petticoats, boots, baby leather jacket, Ruby Gloom clothes and stuff) My brother is the most normal person I know and so is his wife but they accept the way I am and willingly dress their daughter in the things I buy her. We have agreed that while growing up Hannah will have the best of both worlds and when she gets into her teens she will be able to make an educated decision on what lifestyle is right for her. :)
On the other note, I love kids but I don't have the kind of living standards to have my own and I'm not sure I could handle being a full time mother lol baby vomit and black do not go well together :P

More
14 years 6 months ago #5533 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Children
I like kids; I have 2 cute, funny godchildren. However, I don't want any kids of my own. Everyone always told me I'd change my mind eventually when I was younger, but I'm 32 now and still don't want any kids of my own. Now, if I were to eventually meet someone whom I'd be in a long term relationship with, it wouldn't matter to me if they already had children, I just have no interest in the whole pregnancy/birth/taking care of an infant thing.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5537 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Children
Children are usually very interested in the Goth.
Them they have no prejudices. By cons, regarding their parents is totally different.

Childrens see the world through the eyes of innocence.

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds