Show Navigation Menu

Breast Cancer Awareness

More
14 years 6 months ago #5447 by CorpseQueen
Had my granddad die in cancer, as his prostate-cancer grew to his spine. He died the day before my mom's birthday, in early january, and i didn't even go see him at christmas. Grandmom still live on, even tho she's alone and mostly in pain. When she dies, I won't cry for her. Well, maybe I'll do anyway, but you may understand the thought.

My dad had \"breast-cancer\", as my sister called it, when he was a teenager, cured around 19 I believe. He never ever got it back, and he's over 40 now, and he's said he was the first one ever to get cured then, expect a guy on 40+. Maybe the second one in Sweden, I believe. The doctors believed, without telling him, that something might have happened to his body - infertile or so. Then he got me, and they told him about their fears.

So I got a bit of cancer, both from mom and dad, but it's far away and everyone else in my family (at least genetically related) are healty as ever. I don't fear it, and as my dad once had it but got fully cured, I fear a bit less.
Too bad not all can have that thoughts tho, but guess it's good someones try to spread the information. But, I do believe the Pink ribbon is overdoing it...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5452 by black_magnolia
My elementary school teacher used to say that you have to tell something a hundred times and the 101st time the person you are talking to will hear you...

If the cancer is discovered on time, then there is a chance, but there's no guarantee.

I don't fear cancer because I try to lead a healthy life and go regularly on check-ups. If I look on my family, the direct line, except for my gran, all have lived a very long life or are still alive.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5455 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Breast Cancer Awareness
Interesting topic, it's good to remind everybody that developping cancer isn't just somehting that happens to others, it can happen to you. You're so right, regular check-up at the doctor's office are a must!. I'm sorry for all of yo who had loved ones stolen by the disease. My heart goes out to you. Fortunately, there are no cases of cancer in my family, hope there won't be but you never know. I'm not so sure whether living healty is 100% guarantee you won't get some disease. I've heard of people who had healthy lives, ate healthily, exercised, did not smoke or drink and still contracted terrible diseases...it depends on teh vulnerability of your organism and the environment, I guess... can't really tell.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #5459 by black_magnolia
Zenith wrote:

Interesting topic, it's good to remind everybody that developping cancer isn't just somehting that happens to others, it can happen to you. You're so right, regular check-up at the doctor's office are a must!. I'm sorry for all of yo who had loved ones stolen by the disease. My heart goes out to you. Fortunately, there are no cases of cancer in my family, hope there won't be but you never know. I'm not so sure whether living healty is 100% guarantee you won't get some disease. I've heard of people who had healthy lives, ate healthily, exercised, did not smoke or drink and still contracted terrible diseases...it depends on teh vulnerability of your organism and the environment, I guess... can't really tell.

Living a healthy life isn't a 100% guarantee, you have even athletes that get cancer, but it's better to do that then hope you're one of those that don't fit the norm. I think that's not a risk worth taking.

And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5462 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Breast Cancer Awareness
You're absolutely right, Black_Magnolia. Better safe than sorry. Yet I for one cannot embrace too healty a lifestyle. I'm still in that phase of youth when I feel eternal yet know I am not. Youngsters tend to excess because of this feeling. And to ignore minor health problems, thinking they would disappear on their own:S

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #5463 by black_magnolia
Zenith wrote:

You're absolutely right, Black_Magnolia. Better safe than sorry. Yet I for one cannot embrace too healty a lifestyle. I'm still in that phase of youth when I feel eternal yet know I am not. Youngsters tend to excess because of this feeling. And to ignore minor health problems, thinking they would disappear on their own:S

Huh. You make me sound so old! How old do you people think I am?

I try to live healthy, not that I do so much...

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds