Show Navigation Menu

Breast Cancer Awareness

More
14 years 6 months ago #5474 by scootiebee
Black_magnolia, I would guess you are early 20's, but sometimes early 20's acts more like early 30's! My husband is 11 years older than me, and we both thought the other was closer to our own age when we met (I was 21 and he was 32). But that was 14 years ago! Wow.

My grandfather also died from pancreatic cancer (and oddly, so did my old cat, Bob). But all my other grandparents lived into their 90's. So I have that on my side. But I still go for regular checkups. And I stay out of the sun. Three people in my family have had skin cancer (not the deadly form, luckily, but it is still good to have a doctor check your skin every time you get a checkup).

On a lighter note, my niece sent me this today about breast cancer awareness: \"Save a life, grope your wife!\"

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5481 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Breast Cancer Awareness
black_magnolia wrote:

Huh. You make me sound so old! How old do you people think I am?

I try to live healthy, not that I do so much...

No, no, nooo...I didn't intend it to sound that way. Well, I'd say you're in your 20, no older than 25 and correct me if I'm wrong. I really admire those who can say no to bad things and take more care of themselves than others do.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #5518 by CorpseQueen
I kinda have it in my genes to live healthy...

I like fruit more then candy, tho there isn't a week when I don't eat at least some. But then again, I spent the whole summer eating candy (and fruit!) and I still look the same... good metabolism that is. From my mon I'm sure B)

And I don't drink any kind of soda. Well, at christmas I could take a glass or two of some christmas-must (did I get that right?) but no other in my family likes it so we don't tend to have any...
Why? Well, didn't like it much as small, but they never really had anything else to drink at those parties, so I learned to drink it. A year or so ago I thought \"Why?\" and didn't get a good answer, so I stopped. And don't miss it. Juice is both healthy and I like it more.

But really healthy... nah, not really. Try to get healthy food, but that's only because I like it more. And it costs less to do it youself... :cheer:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 11 months ago #20012 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:Breast Cancer Awareness
Many of my family members died from cancer. My grandmother's sister had a breast cancer twice, and now she might have it for the third time. My grandmother was also tested because they thought she might have it too, but fortunately, everything went well. Somehow I think we have a preposition for cancer :(

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20018 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Breast Cancer Awareness
Thanks for the information magnolia, this is a great idea.

Also, my mother had a small tumor in her breast and it was removed very successfully and she is ok now as far as that goes, but of course something else went wrong but at least she is cancer free, and that is a big load coming of your shoulders :)

As for healthy way of living I dunno, if you aren't one with yourself I don't really see how you can focus on living healthy, and I don't, I suppose that is the reason. And I am trying to get my head straight first, then everything else will be much easier to handle :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #22973 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Breast Cancer Awareness
black_magnolia wrote:

My elementary school teacher used to say that you have to tell something a hundred times and the 101st time the person you are talking to will hear you...

If the cancer is discovered on time, then there is a chance, but there's no guarantee.

I don't fear cancer because I try to lead a healthy life and go regularly on check-ups. If I look on my family, the direct line, except for my gran, all have lived a very long life or are still alive.

...but IF you can reach ONE person & make a difference...you've already done so much; haven't you?

Being a guy, I don't feel i do much for the cause: my credit card donates a percentage of my purchases to Komen & other orginazations...WANTED to do the KOMEN walk w/ my friends this past year....but c'est la vie: i couldn't
I have been blessed that I haven't lost anyone to THAT cancer...but do I worry for Chloe...

I do make donations when i can...
i try
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by StephenG.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds