Show Navigation Menu

animals

More
14 years 7 months ago #5294 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:animals
Hmmm... An animal companion like in some fantasy novel? or like a familiar? Hmmm...

Really tough question. As I'm a witch and have researched a bit about familiars, mostly all authors agree that a familiar chooses you and that it does it by drawing blood from your arm or leg. Not in a violent fashion but calmly.

I had two animals so far do this to me. When I was 12 my dog came to me while I was in the garden and looking away from him, he lightly bit me in the hand. It was just a small cut, a drop of blood and didn't need a bandage. At that time I didn't know why he did it. Didn't tell my parents or anyone, because he didn't charge at me, he was calm all the time which was more unusual because he was always full of energy and running around and behaving crazy. :) And when I was 15 my cat came up to me and started to rub her face on my legs while I was doing something on the pc and with no warning she bit be. I was at first shocked I though she went rabid because it hurt very much but there were just two drops of blood from the puncture wounds and she wanted me to pet her, rubbed her face on my other leg and behaved as nothing had happened. Both this dog and cat have passed away but with my luck, some animal will come to me sooner or later...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5776 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:animals
Well these are mine atm after Mum passed on 10DEC05:

Though this would be nice as well:

Yes I am a cat person, dogs to me are too needy and why when you would have one of these protecting you.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 6 months ago #5831 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:animals
If I could choose freely then I'd in the end always end up living well beyond anything a human has touched.

I love animals, all of them, and always have. I never get sad or turn my eyes away when I see a predator hunt its prey and eat it, because that's nature. That how it all should be. But I get sad when I see tamed animals kill creatures, and just leave them. Not eating them, nothing. Because that's unnatural - they got their instincts left, but humans have made them unnecessery and they don't really know what to do with those feelings anymore.

In the end I prefer animal companions over humans, as I know them better then I could any human. Humans are so hard, but I've been alone, so I know why it's worth the effort, but still, I need to be alone at times. If I had some animal to share that time with...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #7223 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:animals
completely agree...animals are a way better company ...i hate those that hurt animals especially dogs and cats...i say that because i have recently seen a video of 4 guys mocking a poor puppy ...disgusting....

More
14 years 6 months ago #7232 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:animals
Definitely a Wolf :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #7239 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:animals
Well if ANY animal then I'd pick a big ol' dragon...but that's just me. If I had to pick a creature that is easily obtainable, then a peregrine falcon. I want to be a falcon tamer some day just so I can get to hold one!

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds