Show Navigation Menu

Sexual Preferences

More
14 years 6 months ago #5603 by CorpseQueen
But what kind of love? There's already been small discussions on what love is, and what different kinds of love there is. Is it really that different, love between friends and partners? Is it only sex that tells the difference?

I've heard several friends and others (of the forum) tell that they can love a friend, do anything for them - but not have sex with them. I just wonder why. Is it because christianity, telling all sex is the ultimate sin, or is there something in the human mind, something primal?
I don't believe it is primal, as people of old had completely different veiws on sex. I've read a swedish series about people living in the time of the vikings, and what makes me remember those books is that having sex with a friend was nothing special. If you where a girl, and had a friend that was a boy, and wasn't married or alike - then you'd slept with him, and it was nothing more with that. Just natural. Which makes me wonder

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5605 by Aftermidnight
I wouldn't sleep with my friends, not because of any rules, self-imposed or otherwise. I just don't want to, I only want to make love to someone I love in a fancying way as well as in a close, trusting, boyfriend-girlfriend kind of way. I'm not saying I disapprove of friends sleeping together, I don't, I just go with my values and what I think is comfortable and right for me. Likewise whatever people find comfortable for them they should absolutely go along with.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5720 by Thurysaz
Bonjour sister CorpsQueen,

Maybe i’m quite continental but for me frienship is without sex.

I'm more Christian than I confess? I do not know ...

What I know is that for there to be a difference between friendship and love, the absence of sex in friendship seems logical to me.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5735 by CorpseQueen
I'm not saying christianity as the religion, but how they have changed our world. What would the modern society look like if there wouldn't have been any christianity? It has been everywhere, changing so much, and many of the 'rules' it made stuck because they make sense. But would we have come to that conclusion without it... (being overly philosophical as usually, but I do think a lot)

And you may all be right. I don't know much about feelings, they just don't come natural to me - I have to learn it all. That's why I like animal company so much... it's so much easier.

But I do believe our sexuality has to break some bonds. If there is understanding and respect, why not give in to one of our most primal needs? For me, it's as important as breathing or eating, but it is possible to live without it, even tho I'm sure it will affect you psych if so, especially if you're forced to it.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #5787 by Thurysaz
Bonjour sister CorpsQueen,

I understand what you meant by speaking of Catholicism. The foundation of \"our\" modern society is Christian and that unconsciously influence our thinking.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5801 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:What hides in your mind?
Well, having sex with a friend may ruin the friendship, in my opinion, because other things become involved in that relationship, it not only complicats it, but it alters it I guess.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds