Show Navigation Menu

Camping

More
14 years 6 months ago #8376 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Camping
Not such a fan of camping. I mean, it's not the distance from comfort and technology that really bothers me, I'm actually happy when I'm away from computers and such, but it's not really my cup of tea. I slept a few times in a tent at the seaside. I don't have my own tent, I did not have a sleeping bag even. And I almost froze to death at nights, not to mention the fact that sometimes it got a little too crowded.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8385 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Camping
We even cooked bacon on the hood of a truck....it was good if that counts for anything.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8453 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Camping
SkieShauphen wrote:

We even cooked bacon on the hood of a truck....it was good if that counts for anything.

Don't think I'd personally attempt that in England, with the English weather. :P

Zenith wrote:

I slept a few times in a tent at the seaside. I don't have my own tent, I did not have a sleeping bag even. And I almost froze to death at nights, not to mention the fact that sometimes it got a little too crowded.

Like I said, I've never been camping before, however, maybe that was just bad luck? I think it's particularly cold when you're nearer the sea because of the water/wind?

More
14 years 6 months ago #8466 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Camping
Yes, Envy, because the tent was on the beach very near the sea :lol: I don't think it was bad luck because I changed a lot of tents during that holiday at the sea, I used to just crash in with a different friend each day (and especially each night :lol: ) I remeber at one point me and a girlfriend were sleeping with anbother friend in his tent which was camped in a special place, far away from the sea and we were very well tucked in but still we woke up at about 5 in the morning shivering and feeling numb (it's so cold at night at the sea :( ) and we just got a big bottle of brandy to keep us warm and went on the beach and watched the sunrise...it was epic! :silly:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #8468 by TricksterShade
Replied by TricksterShade on topic Re:Camping
camping... great time to be with friends, and break away from the routine life. Camping anywhere outdoor would be fine, as long as it is safe :P

More
14 years 6 months ago #8496 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Camping
I've been camping a couple of times, can't say I'm crazy about it, but I'd probably go again with the right friends.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds