Show Navigation Menu

Emos

More
14 years 6 months ago #5330 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Emos
Aftermidnight wrote:

Chavs are a British subculture. Some say the word chav derived from \"Council House And Violent\". Chavs are usually antisocial and dress in shell suits or trackies, topped off with a scowl and bling (big looking shiny jewellery). They typically listen to hip-hop music (I think). They usually hang round on street corners or shopping centres in gangs. Feel free to correct me on this anyone, I'll be the first to admit my knowledge of the chav is not conclusive.

Further reading:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

Thanks for the info. I've heard the term once before (on Coronation Street), and I figured it was something like that but I wasn't entirely sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5340 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Emos
You have Corrie in America? Wow! I don't watch any soaps but if I had to pick one it would be Coronation street. From what I've seen at least it has some humour in it. Apparently Rob Halford from Judas Priest is a big fan.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5357 by Adrianna
Replied by Adrianna on topic Re:Emos
I agree with all the posts so far, its just a fad and even though it seems to be more popular with the youth now that is merely because parents panic when their children start acting out in an emo fashion...most parents think that if their child is dressing emo then they are going to attempt suicide and drugs but in reality it is just a severely pathetic cry for attention *vomit*

More
14 years 6 months ago #5406 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Emos
Aftermidnight wrote:

You have Corrie in America? Wow! I don't watch any soaps but if I had to pick one it would be Coronation street. From what I've seen at least it has some humour in it. Apparently Rob Halford from Judas Priest is a big fan.

Not sure about the States... I'm in Canada, and we get Corrie on CBC. We're nearly a year behind though, just seeing December 2008 episodes now. I've been watching for over 20 years now, and it's the only soap I ever watch. It does have it's funny moments, but there are some pretty serious topics as well.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5775 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Emos
I will try to be polite, okay here it goes. Squish their puny pointless little hottopic whore existence. Thank you that is all.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 6 months ago #6165 by DisturbiaWolf13
Replied by DisturbiaWolf13 on topic Re:Emos
Asphyxiate wrote:

Uuhh...I'm having a hard time trying to be more tolerant and respectful to emos...I can't stand the sight of them!
They're just a bunch of spoiled teenagers who're trying to get attention with their so called \"depression\" and other bullshit.I dislike the clothing and those hard-angle photos (which btw look all the same)!

and i find it hard tolerating you people,so called depression??? wtf are you talking about? what makes you the judge on who is suffering from depression? and your intolerance only makes it worse for them,not that you care you inhuman waste of resources.Now go make some low self esteem kids feel worse about their lives,who knows maybe you'll get lucky and persuade one to hang themselves by their school tie.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds