Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 6 months ago #26690 by babygothic
Replied by babygothic on topic Re: Pets
i have 2 cats, because my parents love cat. But i prefer dog.. like huskie or labrador

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26721 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Envy wrote:

:blink: Snails have mysteriously started to appear in our fish tank. They're 'appearing' pretty damn rapidly too..Plus the two biggest ones have just been caught mating.

:woohoo: No idea what to do now. My mother said that they're difficult to get rid of once they appear.

Probably the snail eggs were attached to the plants that you bought for your tank.
I would recommend getting Botia macracanthus, it's a fish that eats snails, but you would have to get at least 3 of them I think, but they aren't really the best choice for guppies. :S
Try googleing snails in aquariums, there are surely more methods. I think you can also use lettuce to get rid of them, but I'm not sure how that should work...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26731 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
:S Argh..I've tried googling but all options would not work well with the fish in my tank. I'd have to buy a separate tank and stick my fish in there whilst I somehow cleaned out the snail-tank..

More
13 years 5 months ago #27979 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Pets
Would be lost without my pets, and am stupidly tring to add more. Currently have a 12 year old siberian husky named Natasha and a seven month old macklotts python named Ngalyod. I'm hoping to add a corgi puppy to the mix soon, if we can figure out travel arrangements to get him from texas to wisconsin. Natasha gets destructive without another doggy friend in the house. I would love to get another husky, but now that I've been living in apartments for the last year, it's not a good idea. So hard to find a place that allows pets in general, but they hear you have a husky and they flip. So I figure a corgi is a good apartment sized dog, and my boss has three that I adore and keep trying to talk her out of. Might also be adding some fish, Ngalyod is getting a new habbitat soon, and his current glass tank may be converted for fish. Nothing to exotic, probly just some walmart fish. (:

More
13 years 5 months ago #27992 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
nwbevk wrote:

Natasha gets destructive without another doggy friend in the house.

Unusual. My auntie's two English mastiffs are completely opposite. She has to cage one up before she heads out, because the two together go mental. When Rena (female who has to be caged) was new to the family, it wasn't known she'd be a household terror. My auntie came home to a completely trashed printer with ink all over the house, potted plants smashed, fridge raided, sweets all gone and stashed away by the dogs..Hah. We wondered why there were coloured ink stains everywhere..The two together are so bad that my auntie can't take them out for walks at the same time. :P

More
13 years 5 months ago #28002 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
It really depends on the dogs' characters. I had a lot of dogs over the years, and some were aggressive towards other dogs if they came on their territory (they were fine with other dogs when taken out for a wlak), others loved to have company with them and were loony if they were kept alone...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds