Show Navigation Menu

Best bits of advice you've been given?

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #38036 by Envy
Curious, as usual! ^.^ I'm wanting something (hopefully) positive to read, haha.

:P I was just thinking about how my flight to the US heads out on Friday the 13th and all the tickets for that day are significantly lower in price. It reminded me of how my old business teacher said some international scares (e.g. shark attacks in Egypt) have a silver lining in that they can often equal a short period of cheap flights, meaning a cheap holiday. :woohoo: Wasn't bad for a piece of advice in my opinion!

What's the best advice you've been given, about anything?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #38044 by iHauntTheSepulchre
If you can't climb a mullock heap you'll never climb a mountain.

I know it sounds a little negative but basically it means that if you can't get past the negative stuff you'll never get to the positive stuff - we geologists have odd way of thinking...I don't really know how to explain it better.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
11 years 11 months ago #38103 by Madam_Mim
Be true to yourself :kiss:

More
11 years 11 months ago #38106 by Veszdrin
Best bit of advice I've been given actually came from the book \"The Once and Future King\".
It reads,\"Education is experience and experience is the essence of self-reliance.\" I interpret as being able only to rely on oneself if we wish to gain any experience on anything, and in gaining experience, we learn about life and ourselves. Just my interpretation. :)

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds