Show Navigation Menu

Love

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22047 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Love
black_magnolia wrote:

Ok, people, it's very nice that you are all in love and have partners you enjoy being with, but to have some order and content in this thread, no more posts with only \"yes, I'm in love\", because I'm going to delete those on sight.

jealous?

(this is so going to get erased.)

oh and yes, not to be totally offtopic, love is the purest form of emotion. Something to wage war for. I have felt it and I still feel it. I think it still goes in the form of something like...
but not to stray from the subject. It is an extraordinary feeling, people may say: \"oh I'm in love.\" It either is or it isn't. Kelaiah once said to me: \"It isn't if it ends.\" Regretfully, only now do I believe her. Truly she was correct. But I still stand behind my words. Love, people. As much as you can.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Polaristhe2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AvaloN
  • Someday, life will be fairer,Need will be rarer...
More
13 years 10 months ago #22065 by AvaloN
Replied by AvaloN on topic Re:Love
love is everything

Show me your moon burns
Take me as the moon burns
The freezing moon
Making things real for me
The killing Moon
Making things happen for me

More
13 years 10 months ago #22074 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Love
Coincidentally enough, the second half on my English literature course is on 'love through the ages'! I'm thrilled! It's about all possible types of love in literature including obsession, jealousy, adultery etc. and there's a great deal of Shakespeare to read!

^.^

My teacher was lucky I was in a good mood today - We had to do a bit of drama where we were placed into groups of 3 and each group had to pick 2 'tickets' each with a type of love written on. The groups then had to act out a scene to 'capture the essence' of the types of love they picked and the rest of the class had to guess.

Our group's two types of love were pretty easy to act out. \"Obsessive love\" and \"blind love\". :P

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22095 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Love
Polaristhe2 wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Ok, people, it's very nice that you are all in love and have partners you enjoy being with, but to have some order and content in this thread, no more posts with only \"yes, I'm in love\", because I'm going to delete those on sight.

jealous?

I'll tell the truth and say yes. :P
But, I felt that a topic such as love is getting degraded whit the thread looking like swiss cheese (thanks to you editing all the text out of your posts...) and with people mostly posting \"yes, I am\"...
I think the people that are in love, will have the least problems to write something about it.

As for my count, you can call me naive or helplessly romantic, but I still believe in a love as portrayed in troubadour poetry, in the works of William Shakespeare, Petrarch etc.
I have listened countless times to the love problems of my friends, and after listening through all of that and also having my own heart broken, I still believe there is a prince on a white horse. :silly:
Love has many faces and evrery one is worth the time and effort...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22098 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Love
You're not naive or helplessly romantic. You're just an optimist.

Personally, I believe that love has many forms. There's those that go through multiple partners quickly, such as a mate of mine at college, we've lost count of the relationships he's been in, and it's likely he'll be in another within a month.

There's my other mate, he just goes with however it goes, but to be honest, I see him as more of the type who'd want a longer term relationship.

Then there's myself, as mentioned before, I'm with my first partner, been a good while now, but really, I don't want to be with anyone but her. I see us working out. First time I've ever been this optimistic, because I really love her.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #22586 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:Love
As I once said, love is my religion and I could die for it. It hasn't been that long since I found out the meaning of true love. Sure, I am still human and my heart still needs to be \"cropped\", but this truth about love is just filling me up. We have all sinned too much and we've lost the ability to see what's right and what's not. We've lost our \"heavenly sight\", the ability to see person as it is, holy and unique. We forgot to be openhearted and sincere. I've already started thinking there is no that kind of love, but now I am more than sure that there is. We just need to find it, and when we do, we have to accept is, simple as it is.
God gave us love, God IS love. God is eternal as much as true love is eternal. So, yes, it's not love if it ends. \"I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing.\"
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Kelaiah_.

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds