Show Navigation Menu

Let's talk about sex...

More
14 years 1 month ago #16773 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:Let's talk about sex...
I always thought it was a huge pitty when my mothers menopause started when she was 40, but that happening at the age of 27 is a tragedy :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16787 by Poledra1a
Its much safer for guys to get the \"snip\" than women. And I agree with you Morgana; I would not trust the guy to take a pill at the same time every day!!

Mind you I have a shocking memory so I went with an IUD for long term contraception. It is inserted just up towards your uteris and lasts for five years. It was slightly painful to have it done, but unlike the depot injection it can be taken out and the effects wear off quite quickly. Implanon is another method though I didnt go that way cause I dont like needles, and I didnt like the idea of being able to play with this inch and a half long \"stick\" in my arm. Yuck lol. I went through about five different pills before I took the IUD option. Most made me nasty and have really terrible pains. It was about getting the right combo of hormones for my bod.

27 is so young Scootiebee :( I am a bit envious of you being pill and plastic bag free though :)

My mum went into menopause at 49 after she was treated for ovarian cancer. The kemo and radiation therapy scewed up all her hormones and they had to remove most of her reproductive system. She's constantly hot which was a big change since she used to be constantly cold :) She's okay now though - mind you I reckon she's more tempermental now than she was before :P One of the things she had to do after it was lay on the bed for half an hour with (I kid you not) this dildo to stretch her so it didnt all close up. lol she didnt appreciate it and Im fairly certain she didnt use them but hey - she got two different sized dildos out of her treatment - she just kind of gave me a filthy look when I pointed that out to her though :P

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16816 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Let's talk about sex...
Ahh my friend recently went in to have an implant put into her arm, just for the benefits of having a lighter period. I had thought about it before, but after hearing what she had to go through, I've been completely put off!

She mentioned something about incisions..Anaesthetic..A rod being inserted into her arm and the implant being placed there..She then had to feel the implant, which nearly made her faint.

I don't think I could stomach the process.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16818 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:Let's talk about sex...
...It's a bit too much, just for having a lighter period

More
14 years 1 month ago #16827 by Poledra1a
I guess its also kind of fail-proof. Its in your arm for a year and you dont have to worry about taking the pill every day during that time.

But yeah - not something that appealed to me either :)

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16830 by SkieShauphen
Not so sure I could cope with that. I love sex and all, but to have my body surgically altered just so I didn't have to deal with a little natural nausea....don't think so. These days I won't even touch a woman without us both being tested, proof that we are both using pills, and I need a condom. Without those criteria being filled, I'm staying abstinent. It's too risky these days.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds