Show Navigation Menu

Languages.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33990 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Languages.
black_magnolia wrote:

(The search engine searches by default only threads from a year ago and newer, so you have to change the setting manually to \"any date\" to be sure that there isn't an older thread around.)

I wouldn't really recommend self-tuition. Self-tuition is good when you know the basics and you just want to get better and broaden your vocabulary, but if you aren't sure about the pronunciation, writing, grammar etc. I think it's best that someone who knows teaches you. Otherwise you never know if you perhaps learned something wrong...

Also, self-tuition can be very slow with the progress. I think the fastest and best way to learn is with a professor and/or native speaker or one of those intensive summer courses I spoke of. I know people who didn't know one foreign word who went on such a course and came back speaking the language really good (naturally not fluent, but not plain beginner level either)

Ah right. Thanks! :)

Hm - I should be alright for French and Cantonese in that case..But I planned to take proper courses once university started anyway for the others I wanted to learn. The plan for now was to just get a head start in the summer. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #34023 by dane_train_05
Replied by dane_train_05 on topic Re: Languages.
I speak English, a little Spanish, very little German. I can normally recognize Latin, French, and Russian. I would like to learn Dothraki as a fictional language.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34754 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: Languages.
Me?
obviously English(American version)
B)
I also speak what i call DIRTY Spanish--
differnt regions have different nuances; and living in Tampa,you get a mixture of people,cultures,etc...
so i speak a blend of school-taught spanish & everyday life spanish
Buenas noches mis amigos- espero todos bien para tu
:silly:

More
12 years 8 months ago #34763 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Languages.
StephenG wrote:

Me?
obviously English(American version)
B)
I also speak what i call DIRTY Spanish--
differnt regions have different nuances; and living in Tampa,you get a mixture of people,cultures,etc...
so i speak a blend of school-taught spanish & everyday life spanish
Buenas noches mis amigos- espero todos bien para tu
:silly:

:woohoo: With that logic, Cantonese would then be *dirty Mandarin* as it's an everyday dialect which pretty much exists only in Hong Kong, haha!

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds