Show Navigation Menu

Languages.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16175 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:Languages
I was learning Latin for two years, and I really like it, but I wasn't able to continue with learning. I'd also like to learn Finnish, Swedish and Hebrew. I just love languages.

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16178 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re:Languages
I speak Danish, and since it is a language spoken only in Denmark, we learn English and German in school. We can also select a third language either French or Spanish - I chose Spanish.
I also understand and read both Swedish and Norwegian. (they are very similar to Danish)
And now my son, who is 10 years, has decided that he wants to learn Chinese (Mandarin), so may be a little of that will rub off on me too :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #16180 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Languages
Hmm...let's see; I only really speak English, but I do substitiute many of my words from other languages (German, Polish, Russian, Japanese and Pitjantjatjara). I know how to read Futhark runes and basic Egyptian hyroglyphs. As for made up languages, I'd love to learn Tolkien elvish, Klingon, Na'vi and Goa'uld.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 1 month ago #16188 by Verminaard Draconis
Replied by Verminaard Draconis on topic Re: Languages
I speak French, English, a bit of Spanish, Creole, I know some words in Arabic and yes I try to learn Elvish, DRagon and Guargoyle.

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #16288 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:Languages
I can perfectly speak German and Greek (my mother languages), and have a profficiency degree in English (well, yes, English is a foreign language for some people :P )
Learning fictional languages (such as Quenya) is fun, but I don't think they can be counted as foreign languages. Likewise, I don't believe knowing a few words in some foreign language counts as knowing ''a little /insert-language-name-here''

More
14 years 1 month ago #16368 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Languages
Noxae wrote:

I can perfectly speak German and Greek (my mother languages), and have a profficiency degree in English (well, yes, English is a foreign language for some people :P )
Learning fictional languages (such as Quenya) is fun, but I don't think they can be counted as foreign languages. Likewise, I don't believe knowing a few words in some foreign language counts as knowing ''a little /insert-language-name-here''

You never know..Isn't there some sort of 'Klingon' cult or something?

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds