Show Navigation Menu

casey anthony trial

More
12 years 9 months ago #34142 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I can't recall hearing about any of this over where I am.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #34146 by black_magnolia
Nothing of the trial was reported in our news here. I only noticed some news on the internet after the verdict. I'm a bit amazed how the media made such a big story around the trial.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 9 months ago #34148 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: casey anthony trial
black_magnolia wrote:

I'm a bit amazed how the media made such a big story around the trial.

Hm. Maybe because it was a female who did the nasty act.

I don't know if you heard about the murders of children involving Myra Hindley and Ian..Brady (I think) in England? But the media made a huge deal about Myra Hindley being involved in the murders and it was portrayed as if she was the ultimate monster. The fact that the man involved had a huge influence over the woman and her actions was practically ignored in comparison, just because a female killing children had a much larger shock factor on the public at the time.

Myra Hindley's name is practically synonymous with those murders, and yet people don't often immediately think of the man due to the media.

(Plus that woman had an awful mugshot - Looked like the evil lady from 101 Dalmations. That might have something to do with the whole memorable thing) :blink:

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #34149 by black_magnolia
I never heard of Myra Hindley, but I heard of some even more gruesome murders from Germany (something like a mom killing 5-6 of her newborn children and her husband burying them in the garden).

I assume this trial became big becasue there wasn't anything better to report.

I've read somewhere on the net that the whole story became big after some cable-tv channel started reporting about the trail and they got big tv-ratings and then the other channels did the same becasue they wanted a piece of the cake.

Well, I'm not impressed either way with the trial. The woman is now free, she was already in prison for like 3 years and when I think about our system - here she would probably have gotten some 5 years if they found her guilty and ended up on probation after 2-3 years. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 9 months ago #34153 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: casey anthony trial
black_magnolia wrote:

I never heard of Myra Hindley, but I heard of some even more gruesome murders from Germany (something like a mom killing 5-6 of her newborn children and her husband burying them in the garden).

I assume this trial became big becasue there wasn't anything better to report.

I've read somewhere on the net that the whole story became big after some cable-tv channel started reporting about the trail and they got big tv-ratings and then the other channels did the same becasue they wanted a piece of the cake.

Well, I'm not impressed either way with the trial. The woman is now free, she was already in prison for like 3 years and when I think about our system - here she would probably have gotten some 5 years if they found her guilty and ended up on probation after 2-3 years. :S

Oh I think I heard of the German one. Over here, the scummy press will always stick in horrific stories just because it sells. They've been doing it for years under Murdoch, so the public is pretty used to hearing these kind of stories.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds