Show Navigation Menu

DeviantArt

More
12 years 10 months ago #33540 by snow.wulf
DeviantArt was created by snow.wulf
Hey all,
Was just wondering if any of you had a DeviantArt account? I love looking at art and would love to see some of your works :D

Here's mine: snowwulf.deviantart.com/

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33542 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: DeviantArt
I love looking at art too, but I'm just too lazy to use my deviant account, so there's noting to see there. :silly: (If I find something I like, I either download it or bookmark the link.)

I noticed that you have Stjepan Šejić among your favourite artist. ;) Somehow, I'm always surprised when I see someone is aware of an Croatian artist... :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33544 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: DeviantArt
black_magnolia wrote:

I love looking at art too, but I'm just too lazy to use my deviant account, so there's noting to see there. :silly: (If I find something I like, I either download it or bookmark the link.)

I'm the same..I don't really have the time to devote to a deviant account - For now anyway! Maybe I'll make one once I get into uni. :P

More
12 years 10 months ago #33551 by snow.wulf
Replied by snow.wulf on topic Re: DeviantArt
black_magnolia wrote:

I noticed that you have Stjepan Šejić among your favourite artist. ;) Somehow, I'm always surprised when I see someone is aware of an Croatian artist... :woohoo:

I discovered him through the Witchblade Comic book. His artwork is amazing and I'm very impressed with how much work he can get done in a short period of time!

Question though, how do you pronounce his name? hehe :)

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33553 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: DeviantArt
snow.wulf wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I discovered him through the Witchblade Comic book. His artwork is amazing and I'm very impressed with how much work he can get done in a short period of time!

Question though, how do you pronounce his name? hehe :)

His wife is also really good, you should check her out too if you haven't already. This is her deviantart account: calisto-lynn.deviantart.com/

This is Šejić's deviantart for those of you on here who are curious: nebezial.deviantart.com/

Regarding his given name \"Stjepan\" - check this link and listen to the 2nd prounanciation, by \"teapot\" (the first one is totally wrong).
Šejić would sound something like Scheyich.

Usually the \"c\" in the end of a Croatian surname is a \"ć\" (in Slovenian always a \"č\" becasue they don't have the letter \"ć\"), never a real \"c\", but becasue those two letters don't exist in the English language, the surnames end up transcribed as \"c\". Becasue you English speaking folks have problems pronouncing such letters :P, often Slavic families who move to the USA or other countries change the pronunciation just to make it easier for you folks and to save all those nerves from correcting people - so they pronounce the \"c\" as a \"k\".

Example: Lipanović - transcribed: Lipanovic - pronounced correctly ~ \"lip-pan-oh-vich\"; if the family lives in the USA and 100 years ago they said they won't use the \"ch\" pronunciation etc., you can hear the surname like \"lip-pan-oh-vik\". Totally wrong from the standpoint of the Croatian language, becasue for the later pronunciation our language would ask the surname to be written as \"Lipanovik\" and in Croatia such an ending isn't typical, but would mean that it is from an other Slavic country and foreign for us.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33556 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re: DeviantArt
I don't go on enough compared to the amount of work I do...but hopefully one day I'll stop procrastinating and actually upload all my work.
ibelieveindragons.deviantart.com/

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds