Show Navigation Menu

Phases.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #33862 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Phases
Cucumber phase. :S I'm adding cucumbers to practically everything I eat - They're so addictive once you get used to them in sandwiches etc. and then the use of them just spreads to everything else I eat..

..At this point in time - I really hope that the E. Coli scare's over, 'cause I haven't heard anything about it for ages and I know they were going on about bad cucumbers causing deaths at one point.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia. Reason: fixed ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33866 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Phases
Envy wrote:

Cucumber phase. :S I'm adding cucumbers to practically everything I eat - They're so addictive once you get used to them in sandwiches etc. and then the use of them just spreads to everything else I eat..

..At this point in time - I really hope that the E. Coli scare's over, 'cause I haven't heard anything about it for ages and I know they were going on about bad cucumbers causing deaths at one point.

haha I just bought a kilo of cucumber yesterday. :woohoo:

I didn't take the whole E. Coli stuff too seriously and just continued to eat fresh veggies like I always do.

Obviously, I'm still alive. :P

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 10 months ago #33868 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Phases
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

haha I just bought a kilo of cucumber yesterday. :woohoo:

I didn't take the whole E. Coli stuff too seriously and just continued to eat fresh veggies like I always do.

Obviously, I'm still alive. :P

:ohmy: Really? Over here it was biiig scare-news. Though it didn't really affect our household spending too much. My parents stopped buying cucumber for about. Er. A week or two..And after the news said that there had been mistakes as to the origin of the E. Coli and that it could be beansprouts, my parents just ignored the news and continued to buy stuff, seeing as they'd bought beansprouts constantly throughout all that time and we all turned out fine.

I refused to eat much raw veg. throughout the period when that was in the news though (paranoia, exams, didn't want to risk any illness at all etc.) - Might explain the sudden love of cucumbers. :woohoo: Great thing is that because there hasn't been much in the news about any positive progress with the E. Coli thing and people are still scared, there's *tons* of discount cucumbers around, so you can get them en mass for really cheap here, haha.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #33870 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Phases
I haven't really been following the news becasue of my exams, so I don't know how much big news it was/still is here in Croatia. :unsure:

I just know quite a lot about E. Coli from my biology classes and books etc. so I didn't really understand all the fuss abut it in the start.

I think I've heard on our news that our Faculty of Science had discovered something \"ground-breaking\" for E. Coli just recently, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it is. :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #34756 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: Phases.
phases?
I guess you could call them phases;i think of them as my evolution as a person-
in junior high , I went thrugh a \"professional\" phase-wore business clothes to school every day,ties too(HISTORY LESSON:at that point in time, public schools here did NOT require uniforms, so my look was considered preppy/different/STRANGE/original/WEIRD ). the kids thought I was a subtitute teacher sometimes...hee-hee-hee
B)
next was the \"Urban Cowboy \" phase
most everyone consoidered me \"fake\" because I live in the city,dont like horses etc..
BUT this phase never went away;just faded into the background...
I love country music as well as everything else i listen to
i've worn my cowbot clothes to THE CASTLE (tampa's goth bar)-no one said anything--a couple girls kept taking my hat-LoL
I still have most my wardrobe from those days,and i wear it out from time to time --hat too

*****keep an eye on this post cuz when i edit it, I'll add a pic in my cowboy gear***
:blink:
and then it happened; I turned to the dark side and got into my psuedo-goth phase...
never had strong connections in the local Goth community,then again I never really reached out to them either.Really just went to the Castle to drink & hopefully meet someone.
So why PSUEDO-GOTH?

well,I never wore any of the \"vamp\" fashions--no latex for me
I have never listened to BAUHAUS
:silly:

mostly, my wardrobe consists of black cargo/BDU/army-type pants,Black shoes
(my Doc Martins got blown away during my impact :( ),and usually a t-shirt with a skull on it
(aka THE ALCHEMIST)

Lately,I feel a new phase coming on---
COMIC BOOK GEEK
I have several Batman t's--belt buckles--sleep pants--underwear....you get the picture
and I have t-shirts or belt buckles of quite a few of the other ones

those have been my phases; i dont regret them....i took some knowledge with me from every phase
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by StephenG.

More
12 years 8 months ago #34762 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Phases.
:P Oh I do want to see the cowboy picture!

*Giggle* Lots of my college teachers were young and 'comic book geeks'...Had various themed socks, ties etc. that they weren't afraid to show off.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds