Show Navigation Menu

Upcoming events

More
13 years 2 months ago #31251 by Speightacus
Upcoming events was created by Speightacus
So users what major event is coming for u.
I am going to The 2011 Soundwave festival in Melbourne, Australia. Its going down on the 4th of March and i cannot comprehend anything more exciting happening out here.
(please don't comment just for points. I wanna read fact not fiction)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31259 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Upcoming events
Well, Heavy MTL is coming up in a few months. It's this huge, two-day metal festival that always has performances by really great bands. This year, my favorite band is going to be there as well so I am stoked about that. Can't wait!

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
13 years 2 months ago #31262 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Upcoming events
Speightacus wrote:

So users what major event is coming for u.
I am going to The 2011 Soundwave festival in Melbourne, Australia. Its going down on the 4th of March and i cannot comprehend anything more exciting happening out here.
(please don't comment just for points. I wanna read fact not fiction)

I assume you mean any kind of event becasue you opened up the thread in the GENERAL section?
Can't really see the sense of this thread otherwise if it was going to go in the direction of festivals because then the old Festivals thread could have been bumped up for this purpose...

Hmmm... Upcoming events? Well, one of my friends is pregnant and she is due in April (birth of a child is a pretty major thing, in my opinion) and then she plans on going with us to the Blind Guardian gig in Zagreb (which is a major thing in itself becasue they are the first time in Croatia :silly: and it will be extra awesome if my friend really manages to be there after the birth)

Major event in August for me will be the local swimming marathon. I swam it numerous times, but I had some health problems etc., so now I'm trying to get back in form and swimming it this year is kinda my goal to keep me focused on getting fit again. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31266 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Upcoming events
black_magnolia wrote:

Major event in August for me will be the local swimming marathon. I swam it numerous times, but I had some health problems etc., so now I'm trying to get back in form and swimming it this year is kinda my goal to keep me focused on getting fit again. :)

Ooh..I wish I could do that..But I feel all self-conscious whilst in a swimming costume and my asthma kills me when I swim. :S

For me..I get my January exam results in 2 weeks' time (I had 6 exams, most other people had 2-3 max). It's particularly nerve wrecking because I took up an extra subject this year, taught myself first two modules and took 3 out of 4 of the modules in one sitting, so..It's just scary when I really need an A in the new subject and I've done 3/4 of the course in one sitting with no idea what my real grade outcome will be. If I get something below an A, well..Because of the time constraints I have, I can't really re-take.

Also..Around the time I get my results, I have a flute exam too. Grade 6.

March is also when I have to decide on which two universities to pick as my firm and insurance choices - After that, it's just time to work my arse off to get into my firm choice. Likely to be 3 As if my March results turn out well. If not - AAB.

:blink: Is it just me who finds it strange you should mention posting for points when you've started a thread with information that could've been placed into an existing 'Festivals' thread? Hm. I just feel slightly insulted by that last little remark there, considering the nature of the first post.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #31274 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Upcoming events
Envy wrote:

:blink: Is it just me who finds it strange you should mention posting for points when you've started a thread with information that could've been placed into an existing 'Festivals' thread? Hm. I just feel slightly insulted by that last little remark there, considering the nature of the first post.

You're not alone, Envy. I agree with you. I just didn't bother addressing it... I'm also bothered with the \"I wanna read fact not fiction\" statement; as if the thread was for his sole entertainment and that he could dictate what could/should other people post here. Pretty out of place for someone who is new to the forum...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31275 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Upcoming events
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

You're not alone, Envy. I agree with you. I just didn't bother addressing it... I'm also bothered with the \"I wanna read fact not fiction\" statement; as if the thread was for his sole entertainment and that he could dictate what could/should other people post here. Pretty out of place for someone that is new to the forum...

Agreed..

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds