Show Navigation Menu

Absinthe

More
14 years 4 months ago #11828 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Absinthe
I got a bottle of absinthe for Christmas, and we tried it last night. I have to say that I really liked it, in spite of really disliking the taste of black licorice. It's made by Absente ( absente.com/ ) and is available at the liquor store.

I enjoyed the whole process, with the sugar cube on the spoon and pouring water over it... very cool watching it melt into the glass. I didn't see the faerie, or anything else that wasn't there, but after three doubles I was pretty looped. I was still fairly clear-headed though, much more than I would have been after that much whisky. I almost never get hangovers, but I was a bit dizzy when I got up this morning. My husband had pretty much the same experience from it.

I'm going to keep it for special occassions though, like I do with my single-malt Scotch, rather than drinking it on a regular basis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11830 by Katelyn
Replied by Katelyn on topic Re:Absinthe
I have had one type of blue absinthe and Mata Hari. I really want to try one of the red absinthes. Maitresse Rouge. Anyone had it? The bottle is pretty :D

If the shoe fits, ask a man if you should wear it. He will then consult another woman. When he tells you yes, wear the shoes to insult the lady who makes you look good. ;D

More
14 years 4 months ago #11831 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Absinthe
knumpcy wrote:

Zenith wrote:

Can anyone recommend me a good brand of absinthe? The best I have consumed so far is Pernod but what I usually find in bars and at stores isn't that great although it's a bit cheaper. I have to add extra anise to the absinthe I buy in the stores as it doesn't become \"louche\" after adding water to it.

Right now I am drinking this , it has a strong anise flavor and has a very high alcohol content the same as chartreuse. I would love to try this , but I am not willing to spend almost $75 US for that at this time.There is one out there to watch out for and tastes horrid, it has a beautiful green and white frosted bottle and has an alcohol content of 53% but taste like Old Spice cologne ugh!

The original kicks ass! i had to import it but it was well worth it.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11843 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Absinthe
Oh wow, I can't wait for my chance to try it out.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11872 by ScorchingAngel
Replied by ScorchingAngel on topic Re:Absinthe
Oooooh Absinthe! Now that is a subject that is like music to my ears! (I already see Raido doing very intimate facepalm actions with the walls :woohoo:)

My favourite is Tabu

And the others I own are these:

[img] www.alandia.de/absinthe/images/product_i...info_images/29_0.jpg

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #11965 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Absinthe
I love absinthe very much and have been tasting various brands for some time now, and since I haven't a clue on what was the name of the best Slovakian one I had (the label fell of before I could see what was it called) I present the next best thing available in these regions, Dr Jekyll is the best one, not too mild not too aggressive. But still I never drink it straight, we do the ritual or we make a cocktail, and I must say that absinthe and vodka go great together :)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by millkins.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds