Show Navigation Menu

Have u ever experienced natural/General disaster?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29928 by countessametallic
Just recently I narrowly escaped from a fire due to an eletrical output socket surge,Also my bros massive steroe system with subwoofers was mainly built for places like studios or basements pretty much caused the outlet to have a coniption.
My day was like any other day. I was gettting my laundry around and was going to clean my room also, buut after I loaded a load of laundry, than daylight was rushing in and my nocturnalness was getting the best of me so I decided to go back upstairs and sleep. My bro was blasting his stereo system a couple minutes later after I entered my room to nap. The next thing I was having a really bizzare dream like I usually have more or so often and in the dream someone was scolding me to wake up or somthing and didnt want me to die,so I woke up laying in my bed and thick brown smoke was billowing in and I noticed I didnt hear my brothers stereo anymore. I also put on my music and noise canceling headphones to tune out his vibrating wall booming sound crescendos, but my headphones fell off my head bc I rock in my sleep. Extremely thankful for that bc I probably wouldnt have awoken. SO as I was getting my surrounding in check and still groggy I grabbed my cell,and a couple other unecessary things off my little nightstand and than calmly opened the window bc I tend to shake whenever I panic and I was pushing off my feelings of the events that were occuring around me,till I got out on the roof. I also didnt have enough time to get my shoes but luckily enough I had slipper fuzzy knee high socks on but was wearing capri's and only a thin longsleeved shirt. As I was moving torwards the roof of the garage bc I seen a lick of flame dart out of my brothers room. I panicked and thought he killed himself bc He is a Manic Bipolar and has episodes where he dosnt think he needs his meds,so I started dialing 911 and screaming for help and breaking out into hysterics. A couple of the surrounding Neighbors and people I didnt know grabbed a ladder from the back yard buuut I was having to bad of hysterics for that and wouldnt come near the ladder soo they backed an suv to the roof and a truly wonderful guy who remains an unknown grabbed me off the roof. I thank those three people I hardly even known from the bottom of my heart that they were practically guardian angels. what happened next is my buddy will arrived on seen as I was on the suv and I made a muffled uhn sound holding hands out, than he hauled me to his car and I started breaking out into hysterics more bc I still didnt know if my bro commited suicide, buut than will pointed out to me his truck wasnt in the driveway and than a county officer came up to the vehicle asked me mandatory questions and noticed I had soot streams down my nose so I had to be hauled to an ambulance put on oxygen and than was told carbon monoxide is verry serious and cause respiratory failure or death, soo Since I was sleeping I didnt know how much smoke I inhaled, so the emt technicians were sounding extremely alarmed so I decided to let them take me to the hospital. In the end I found out that my carbon menoxide level was a mild case I think it was level1, but i think thats bc the two ambulances had me on oxygen and gave me medicine bc I felt nauseous. I forgot to mention I had to be moved to another ambulance bc of a hospital I chose. I had to be stuck four times with butterfly needles to get to my artery blood, they had another nurse come in bc the first nurse was a begginner and still had troubles getting the needles precisely in the arteries. The nurse who stuck me before held my arm and this lovely ethnic lady managed to get it the first time except my artery only gave like a little tiny centimeter of blood when they did finally get it. Feeling the needles putting pressure on my tendons and muscles was somewhat excruciating. I would totally prefer getting the crook of my arm pierced for an I.V. 5more times than artery fluid drawls. This horrific experience was verrry unsettling for me and Frankly they should build more fire/eletrical surge resistant homes, so this horrid crap never happens. After the fir e died down I came back to the house bc I really wanted to see if my personal possesions were okie and salvage what i could bring with me. My bro happened to be there and as he was showing me and my friends the extent of the damage to our home and acting like everything was fine and he could care less. He said in a nasty tone I bet that scared ya. I just thought what a stupid heartless question to ask, than I said Oh not really.(keeping words that would make him yell like a neanderthal at me bc hes bipolar and gets off on bullying me with it. Hes a obese man so his voice is has loud decibels like thunder.) The sentences that went unsaid was, No I was more pissed off at the fact that this happpend and All my personal belonings,Home,Room, Necessities were getting ruined over your damned fire starting mindlessness.) I personally still think he started the fire On purpose bc he dosnt want to move away from mom and this would put more of a wait on the house he owns and is renovating and having people do construction work on it,which in turn his home gets put on hiatus whilst my moms insurance provides living and other such things it covers. He is 35 and manipulative as all hell. I must say that stereo system served himn right. He lost everything bc of it and a faulty surge protecto or so he proclaims. This is still very traumatic for me. I have been through hell and high waters. At least I keep on surviving and managing to escape death somehow. :unsure: :huh:

All is Askew, In their Rotted point of view~by Me.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by countessametallic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29929 by countessametallic
sorry for the intense grammar and punctuation errors. Im extremely drained right now bc my daytime sleeping schedule is being interupted and my body is shaking bc it needs to sleep,but I needed to get some important things managed and will sleep the sleep of the literal dead.

All is Askew, In their Rotted point of view~by Me.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29933 by Envy
Hm..We never have experienced a natural disaster. The location we live in means we escape even the smallest floods.

We've felt aftermaths of earthquakes before, which were enough to knock wooden models off of some shelves in my room, but other than that - Nothing big has ever happened to us. We're generally a very overly-cautious lot. My mother and I have good intuition - Whenever I feel something bad is coming, I usually take reasonably sane precautions and the same happens for her.

Hope you are all well now. I've encountered quite a few nasty and manipulative people in my lifetime. My entire father's side of the family is very manipulative - Mainly because my grandparents on their side still use the traditional Chinese laws of inheritance, therefore every sibling is out to get what they can. They aren't even dead yet and one daughter has already cheated them out of a substantial amount of money which they spent most of their lifetimes earning.

My father's the only honest one out of the lot, being the youngest. Though he is a bit of a fool/pushover when it comes to his family. Things won't be like that once the burden is handed down to me.

Oh..And..The little message about grammar could've just been edited in..I'm finding your story very difficult to follow but I guess after your experience, I can excuse it. Just. :huh:

More
13 years 3 months ago #29946 by Morgana
Wow, what a horrible experience! I hope you're feeling a bit better and calmer now.

I've been in a couple of very small earthquakes... nothing major, but I definitely felt the building shake. I find them really scary because there's absolutely no warning signs, they just happen. Luckily I don't live in an earthquake prone area anymore.

I've also been in a few hurricanes. Again, no damage, but that was just pure luck. There's a frightening amount of energy in that kind of storm, and while you can prepare for them to a certain extent, if it decides to knock your house down there's really nothing much you can do about it.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29950 by black_magnolia
Hope you're feeling better countessametallic!

I haven't experienced any big natural disaster. A few mild earth-quakes, floods, been close to a tornado once but it fortunately wasn't a big one and it didn't come my way... can't think of any other stuff now... :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29957 by nwbevk
Every year here we get at least one snow storm that stops the world for a day. But then the next morning we tunnel out (sometimes litterally) and life continues like nothing happened. Unless ofcorse the snow collapses something, again. Laughed my ass off my first year living in Texas, the whole foot (if that) of snow cancled school, everyone actin all goofy playing in it, wasn't even enough to play in to those of us from the great frozen north. And the few years down there, no tornadoes.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds