Show Navigation Menu

Brand Awareness

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19234 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Brand Awareness
black_magnolia wrote:

I'm also quite brand-loyal when it comes to make-up and other skin products, but I sometimes try out other products, mostly from my sister. She buys a different brand every time, so I get to test some. I also ask for those little bonus packages when I can.

Regarding cloths, basically if I find something that I like and that fits, I'll buy it because if I wait for sales then that item will be gone and only those horrid xxs or xs sizes will be left. :(

I have the opposite problem at sales! Only sizes 20+ left over. >.<

I'm generally brand-loyal with skin products, like most others. I have very sensitive and very dry skin, so..I'm wary of being the guinea-pig for a brand I haven't tried before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19273 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Brand Awareness
Beyond brand loyalty, skin care for me is essential, since I have had BAD reactions to new skin care products. A body wash I tried once had such a reaction that at first glance, my doctor thought I had chicken pox again. I had such a bad reaction to a Mary Kay facial scrub that I am STILL on medication for the acne and scarring that occurred 2 years ago. It is getting better now, but it has taken years to recover from a few bad skin care choices. So I stick to what works.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19300 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Brand Awareness
Oh wow..I haven't been unlucky enough to have serious effects yet. My mother has similar skin to me so I use brands that she uses and generally it works for me.

I've only had a few mishaps where I've come out covered in red blotchy rashes. Ick.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19320 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Brand Awareness
I guess I've been pretty lucky too... if my skin doesn't like something, it usually just gets a bit drier, which is easily remedied.

The only time I ever have a blotchy-type reaction is from cream-based hair removal products, like Nair, etc. I don't even bother with them anymore, it's just easier to stick to shaving...

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19334 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Brand Awareness
I have no idea why, but this one thing caused me to develop cystic acne, at age 33. Try convincing the insurance company to pay for acne creams for a 33-year-old. It was hard. It took months, because the prescription cream they gave me is also used as a wrinkle cream. HA! I pointed to my face and asked if they could see wrinkles or acne. They finally caved. But I still have some bad scarring, but retinol is a wonderful thing. Takes a long time, but it is healing the scarring. It isn't red blotchy, but it looks like I was stabbed in the face with an ice pick a few dozen times. Very painful, too. But it is essentially better now.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds