Show Navigation Menu

Most cherished memories?

More
13 years 2 months ago #30519 by black_magnolia
Ah, hell! :( A good attorney is really the only thing that would help you in this situation. I'm not so familiar with the US law system but she can't just accuse you without grounds!
I wish you good luck with getting all healed up and then perusing your rights at court. I have faith you'll see your daughter again! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30530 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Most cherished memories?
StephenG wrote:

and, I do have support and well-wishes from my friends (like you two)
<I hope you don't mind that I consider you two to be friends; at least on the acquaintance level>

Thank you both again...

I don't mind at all. I consider most on this forum a friend or acquaintance at least, depending on how much I've been able to discuss with them.

Those accusations are incredible. I would have to agree with Magnolia. In England, you would need a *lot* of evidence to back up such statements and I doubt it'd be any different anywhere else! They're pretty serious claims!

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30557 by StephenG
Thank you, my friends, for all of your support and well-wishes; & I will update everyone as soon as I make some progress
B)

OK,
NO MORE DOWNER TALK...
CHERISHED MEMORIES, WHIP 'EM OUT !!!!
AND THEY BETTER BE CHERISHED !!

:cheer:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by StephenG. Reason: typo

More
13 years 2 months ago #30566 by Envy
Ooh! I just remembered!

I watched a program on pleasure and pain the other day - It basically talked about the causes and implications of having pleasure and pain/not having pleasure and pain. :P But it did do a survey and created the top 10 most painful and most pleasurable list for people in the UK.

I remember that #1 most common cause of pleasure for people in the UK was being with family. :) Really annoyed I can't find the full list online. I also remember that the #1 most common cause of pain was heartbreak. Which is pretty interesting as it's not a physical pain.

It's vaguely linked to cherished memories - Maybe whatever everyone chooses to post will be in line with the most common pleasures/pains. I just thought I'd throw that in just out of interest. The other stuff on the pleasurable list isn't really that related. :laugh: I know chocolate and sex were on the top 10 somewhere..And I doubt something like that would be *most* cherished, hehe.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30572 by black_magnolia
My most cherished memories aren't really happy ones, so I was pretty reluctant about posting them. They are memories that still swim in my head form time to time...

One of them is being with my grandmother in the hospital the evening before her death. It was just me, my mom and her. And somehow we all felt it was goodbye, but everyone still hoped it would end up ok... :(

The two other memories I'd share here, have to do with my great grandmother.
I still feel everything was very weird all together, that's the reason it somehow sticked with me.
First memory is tied to my great grandfather's funeral. My great grandma called me to her side to tell me something in private just after we put great grandpa to rest. I'm still pondering about why she called me to her side and what did she mean to tell me with those words...

The other memory is just a couple of months after the funeral and a couple of months before her death. I had to visit her because she was constantly asking my parents about seeing me. My parents were present during my visit and great grandma just held my hand and chatted about nothing, how I should study a lot etc. and she kept looking at me with such a 'special' expression, like there was something that she wants to tell me but can't in front of my parents. Well, the way intuition runs in the female part of my family (on both sides), I had an idea what she meant, so I just gave her a look that I understood. She instantly seemed at peace and just held my hand in a stronger grip...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30574 by Envy
Ah..

>.< I'm really surprised at how painful some of these 'cherished memories' seem to be. Maybe pain wasn't as irrelevant as I thought.

I was never that close with my outer-family so..I haven't ever experienced things like being separated. I was pretty much shielded from any funerals and outer-family deaths that happened in my family, mainly because I was quite young and basically never got to know outer-family well enough to know who they even were. :unsure:

In a way that was probably a nice thing of my parents to do - Because all of my best memories have been..Well. Pretty happy I guess. Though it makes me dread when I have to face something like a family death in the future.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds