Show Navigation Menu

Most cherished memories?

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30575 by black_magnolia
I've been to a lot of family members funerals, but I've only been very touched by the passing of those that were very close to me. I think you can never be prepared as much as you'd like to for such events.

I think maybe today I've been thinking about them more because on a Sunday like today we'd usually all be at my great grandparents' house for the whole day. My parents are now there and I'm alone at home because I have to study, but this melancholic mood isn't really helping with my progress... :(
A lot of my best childhood memories are tied to those Sundays, but I'm still not over the loss, so they make me more sad then happy when I think about them...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30598 by Serpenvicis
black_magnolia wrote:

I've been to a lot of family members funerals, but I've only been very touched by the passing of those that were very close to me. I think you can never be prepared as much as you'd like to for such events.

I agree. You can never be prepared for loss of somebody close to you. I lost my friend recently. She was one of the most beautiful and optimistic, always smiling person I knew. I was completly shocked when I heard that she died. I never would expect that something will happen to her.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30606 by Morgana
Most of my best memories are not something that I could put into words, even to myself. It's just a place and time in my life that, at the time, didn't seem that special, but looking back now, it seems to have taken on a whole new meaning. It seems like yesterday, but also like it was another lifetime entirely...

Serpenvicis, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I know you are one of the younger members here, and it's really sad that you had to lose a friend at your age.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #30614 by StephenG
Envy wrote:

Ah..

>.< I'm really surprised at how painful some of these 'cherished memories' seem to be. Maybe pain wasn't as irrelevant as I thought.

I was never that close with my outer-family so..I haven't ever experienced things like being separated. I was pretty much shielded from any funerals and outer-family deaths that happened in my family, mainly because I was quite young and basically never got to know outer-family well enough to know who they even were. :unsure:

In a way that was probably a nice thing of my mom to do - Because all of my best memories have been..Well. Pretty happy I guess. Though it makes me dread when I have to face something like a family death in the future.

My dear Youngling,

Pain,believe it or not is an affirmation of life...sometimes it's better to hurt than feel nothing at all
************************************************************************************************************
And to BLACK MAGNOLIA,

Thank you for having the courage to share your bittersweet,yet cherished moments too...
**************************************************************************************************************
I have been blessed so far to have not had many fnerals in my time:
my 1st was my grandfather's...

everyone else was talking/crying/etc-the usual funeral fodder
all I can remember I just looking at him,almost to the point of staring in that coffin
**********************************************************************************************************
...for the sake of the topic, my most cherished memories of my grandfather are of him playing guitar,cold cucumber slices & water, and how he still enjoyed a smoke...right up to the end...

RIP
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by StephenG.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30618 by black_magnolia
Serpenvicis, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I also lost a young friend almost 3 years ago due to cancer. Somehow you always think the young won't die so soon... :(

StephanG, thanks!

Morgana, I know what you mean. It's similar for me. Example, I know I spent a lot of my time with my grandmother, I have a lot of pictures from that happy time, but when I think hard about it I can't really remember all those things. It's like there are only some emotional imprints in the places where those memories should be... well, hard to explain... :( I don't know if I've subconsciously locked away those memories from myself till I can deal with them, or if it's normal that they fade so quickly when you think you won't lose that person...

Ah, I don't want this to become such a sad thread, hope there is some forum member out there that has something happy to share with us. :) Don't be shy! ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30635 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Most cherished memories?
StephenG wrote:

My dear Youngling,

Pain,believe it or not is an affirmation of life...sometimes it's better to hurt than feel nothing at all
************************************************************************************************************

Hmm..Maybe. I know that some types are there for a reason, e.g. in the program I watched about pain and pleasure, there was a small part about a girl who couldn't feel pain and injured herself constantly without understanding or learning that some things were dangerous..

But that is sort of..Justified..Because it's a type of pain which tells your body not to do something. As for heartbreak and that kind of pain..I don't really understand why we feel that.

Why is it that we have that kind of pain? Doesn't it go against the basics of life by basically deterring us from having partners? :huh: *Shrug* I don't know..

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds