Show Navigation Menu

Getting older.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26364 by Envy
Getting older. was created by Envy
Hmm..Can't remember if there was a topic on this, but basically, I'm heading into university (hopefully) next year. It's brought up a lot of worries about getting older for me - Had the idea that you go into university as a kid and come out as an adult and, well..It's a scary thought! :huh:

I have so many things I don't really want to sell or give up, but I can't really pack them up and take them to uni and I can't see my parents storing stuff for me, for when I come back out..

What are your views on getting older? Do you fear it? Has it changed you much?

:pinch: I don't want to get older..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26371 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Getting older.
I don't fear getting older, in and of itself, but the health problems that come with aging do worry me sometimes. I know I'm going to get wrinkles and gray hair (actually have a lot of that already!), but that doesn't really bother me too much. I just don't want to be frail, or sickly, or dependent on anybody to look after me! That's the part of aging that's really horrible, in my opinion.

I don't think getting older (I'm 36) has changed me that much... I'm still more or less the same person I was when I was 16. My taste in clothes, music, books, etc., has evolved over the years, but not drastically so... I haven't suddenly stopped listening to Slayer and changed to Celine Dion instead just because I'm over 30! I do think you gain more confidence as you get older, and, while I never cared much for other people's opinions anyway, they start to matter even less.

Time does seem to speed up though, which can be downright frightening at times! It feels to me like we've only lived in this house for a year or two, but it's over 7 years now. And when I think about things from 10 or 15 years ago, it just seems like another lifetime entirely.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26374 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Getting older.
I understand that it can be confusing getting older, but personally I also think that people makes it into a huge problem, as I wrote in another topic:
\"Age is only a state of mind, how old do you want me to be\" and I know for sure that I will never get too old to learn, live and enjoy life - the day that happens is because I no longer able to take care of myself, and when the day comes I also know that I have lived life and not just sat down and watched life pass by. I expect that I live until I am 100 years old - at least :side:

More
13 years 6 months ago #26375 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Getting older.
Hmm..Now you mention it, the thought of wrinkles does scare me. And white hair.

Not because I'm a vain person, just..I fear one day, waking up, looking in a mirror and seeing someone I don't recognise.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26387 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Getting older.
I don't fear getting older. I never even thought about it that much. It's just something that you can't stop so what's the point in fighting it?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26388 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Re: Getting older.
Getting older is not an issue. Look after your body, for example don't smoke at all, or drink too much. As you get older and more mature you will have more responsibilities, but you'll find as you look back through the years, the older you are the more you seem to enjoy life. Each decade seems slightly better so far, i wouldn't want to go back to my teens or twenties. Keep young in your mind and the rest will hopefully follow. Enjoy what is now, live for now, but sensibly. You should then hopefully keep your health for every decade to follow.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds