Show Navigation Menu

Attractions of Whitby

More
13 years 8 months ago #24608 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re:Attractions of Whitby
black_magnolia wrote:

I don't think anyone here that is still an active poster was to Whitby... :S
Well, the search made me curious, so I googled \"Whitby attractions\", found a ton of links. :silly:
This one looks promising: www.whitbywalks.com/ they have a DRACULA TOUR! :)

Hope you have fun on your trip, don't forget to tell us how it went! ;)

we are certainly going on two of the walks: \"Whitby Ghost Walks\" and \"In Search of Dracula\" :woohoo: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24616 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Attractions of Whitby
Madam_Mim wrote:

we are certainly going on two of the walks: \"Whitby Ghost Walks\" and \"In Search of Dracula\" :woohoo: :woohoo:

:P Definately tell us how those two go. Especially the ghost walk. I've never been to Whitby but it wouldn't be difficult to arrange a little trip there with my location and I'd be interested to refer back to this whenever the time comes. ^.^

More
13 years 8 months ago #24620 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Attractions of Whitby
I can't help you with Whitby recommendations, but I went on a ghost walk of Halifax (NS, Canada) a couple of years ago. I didn't find it terribly scary, but it was very interesting and informative. The guide told quite a bit of the history behind the ghost stories, so I learned quite a lot about the city.

Enjoy your trip, it sounds like a lot of fun!

More
13 years 8 months ago #24632 by ondespumeggianti
>.<
yeeeee!!!>.<
it seems so interesting doing a dracula tour!!:)

More
13 years 8 months ago #25234 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re:Attractions of Whitby
I have just come home after my trip to LondonEgde and Whitby. :P :kiss:

And since the new catalog from AG has come out, it's not necessary for me to upload my photos :lol:

I found out that a week in Whitby is not enough and I can certainly recommend you to go there if I get the option for it.

In whitby is three goth shops, two in Flower Gate, which mainly sells clothing and one at Marine Parade, right next to The Dracula Experience selling both clothing, Figueres and LOTS of AG items. :silly: :silly:

The Whitby walks ( www.whitbywalks.com ) with Harry Collett is also highly recommendable, both \"Whitby Ghost Walks\" and \"In Search of Dracula\" °. :woohoo: :woohoo:

After attending the Dracula tour, my son, who is 10, decided himself to read Bram Stoker's Dracula, first in Danish then in English. - good training in reading :)

So if you have the opportunity, go to Whitby.

More
13 years 8 months ago #25240 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Attractions of Whitby
Sounds like you had a great trip! I hope your son enjoys reading Dracula.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds