Show Navigation Menu

The abuse of power.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24543 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The abuse of power.
It seems to me that a lot of people who work security-type jobs are just in it for the power trip. Not all of them are, of course, but there seem to be an awful lot who get into it just so they can push people around all day. And most times there isn't much you can really do about it... if you argue with the airport scanners, they won't let you on the plane, argue with a bouncer and they won't let you into the bar, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24573 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:The abuse of power.
Bonsoir sister Envy,

I think the seller was racist, and if you sold rotten fruit at you is, as you say, because he knew that as your people are docile you were not going back to complain.

This example is more about racism than it is with abuses of power.

The abuse of power that I have is the actions of people who benefit from a hierarchically superior to the others to impose their law.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24576 by Mr.Obsidian
Replied by Mr.Obsidian on topic Re:The abuse of power.
I live in Texas (The American South), so I have faced racism all my life.

For example; When I was in high school and I was walking to my car. A group of guys ran up calling me every racist name you can think of, because they did know if I was Asian, Native American, Mexican or whatever. Well, one of the guys punched me and told me that they don't like my kind walking on their street. So I did the right thing and went to the police to press charges, but then (at the police station) the police tried to blame me. By saying that I was spray painting \"taging\" and that I was in a gang. I live in the suburban area close to the country side and I was there trying to press charges against somebody else. :( Of course this happened 11 years ago and things have changed for the better in my area. Unfortunately racism is still around.

Of course that was one example, another example is according to my girl friends' mother \"if your not white, then your a foreigner.\". In which I asked the question \"Well, what about the Native Americans?\". She does not like me :)

So I have seen a lot of people in high places around my area abusing their power.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24625 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:The abuse of power.
Aaaah!!! Argh, racism... PPPpppffffffff.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25664 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:The abuse of power.
Well, in high-school I used to have a math teacher who would give you look grades and treat you very bad if you did not do private and paid lessons with him. Obviously I wouldn't so I had quite low grades and was hollered at. This is sad because many teachers will do this in our country, mistreat students and not do their job, as students cannot question their authority :angry:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
13 years 7 months ago #25691 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The abuse of power.
Zenith wrote:

This is sad because many teachers will do this in our country, mistreat students and not do their job, as students cannot question their authority :angry:

Oh..That's awful. In England, we can complain all we like about our teachers, and they'll often be investigated. One teacher was a well-known pervert among students. We finally got him fired after we all complained at how he had called a girl a 'prostitute' in a lesson.

Not often that they get fired, but if your teacher is a complete idiot, then you can usually search out another teacher, switch classes, or ask the other teacher to go over your work with you. Some teachers are quite informal and will understand that other teachers are...Not so good at their job.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds