Show Navigation Menu

The abuse of power.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25710 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Not often that they get fired, but if your teacher is a complete idiot, then you can usually search out another teacher, switch classes, or ask the other teacher to go over your work with you. Some teachers are quite informal and will understand that other teachers are...Not so good at their job.

Ah, that are some benefits of your school system. Here complaining won't really get you anywhere. (I assume in Romania the system isn't much different then in Croatia.)
Teachers usually will rather believe other teachers then students...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25713 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The abuse of power.
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Not often that they get fired, but if your teacher is a complete idiot, then you can usually search out another teacher, switch classes, or ask the other teacher to go over your work with you. Some teachers are quite informal and will understand that other teachers are...Not so good at their job.

Ah, that are some benefits of your school system. Here complaining won't really get you anywhere. (I assume in Romania the system isn't much different then in Croatia.)
Teachers usually will rather believe other teachers then students...

Ah I see..

Here, the teachers know which students are trustworthy (i.e. not just messing around due to a pet hate of a certain teacher) and will pay particular attention if many student complaints are made.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25714 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Ah I see..

Here, the teachers know which students are trustworthy (i.e. not just messing around due to a pet hate of a certain teacher) and will pay particular attention if many student complaints are made.

That still doesn't mean anything here. You can be a trustworthy student and have a lot of other student complaining with you but that still won't get you anywhere. :S

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25717 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Ah I see..

That still doesn't mean anything here. You can be a trustworthy student and have a lot of other student complaining with you but that still won't get you anywhere. :S

:unsure: Wow. Do you have student questionnaires and surveys? Just curious. Every year here, they do surveys and things on what the students feel about the school, the teachers and the college processes.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25719 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Ah I see..

:unsure: Wow. Do you have student questionnaires and surveys? Just curious. Every year here, they do surveys and things on what the students feel about the school, the teachers and the college processes.

Not in high or elementary school. We have them only at university and those don't have much of an effect, at least I didn't see any improvements.
We generally have a lot of problems with corrupt people in the whole country and just in the last year or two people have started to do something against it. I think it will be better with time. As I like to say it, we are still learning about democracy here. The older generations are still more used to keeping their mouths shut then do something against it...

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25721 by Envy
Oh wow..

In England, every year there is a university guide, and the majority of what makes a university good in the guide are the various ratings students give for service etc. if that makes sense?

I don't think there is a guide for colleges etc., but of course, every college wants more people to come, so they do their best to make it a good environment for learning.

Our college even goes as far to let year 10+ have no uniform. Not many other colleges offer that.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds