Show Navigation Menu

Perseid meteor shower

More
13 years 9 months ago #24043 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Perseid meteor shower
The sky was very clear last night, so I sat out for a while, but no meteors. I may have been a bit early though. Hopefully it'll be as clear tonight...

It's not absolutely pitch black here, due to streetlights, neighbour's houses, etc. However there's nothing but tress in back of my house, which is the side the deck is on, so light pollution isn't too much of a problem. If you were trying to see something really small or detailed, it might be an issue, but for just average star-gazing it's pretty good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24055 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Perseid meteor shower
To see something with this weather it will not be easy ...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24056 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Perseid meteor shower
:( Envy is not happy. The clouds mean that viewing meteors will not be possible for me tonight.

Maybe tomorrow night.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24063 by black_magnolia
Weather here wasn't promising so I didn't even bother trying to watch for a meteor shower. :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24068 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Perseid meteor shower
Oh we tried.

It was drizzling when we went out at midnight and when there's clouds, the city lights reflect back down anyway. When there's no clouds, we can see stars fine, usually.

We hid in the greenhouse and looked up. My mother claimed to see a black shooting thing - I said it was probably a bug. My brother claimed to have seen one, but I say he lies.

Tonight doesn't look promising either. I've been drenched by the downpours and the skies are just as cloudy, if not more so than yesterday.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24070 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Perseid meteor shower
Oh the weather here is less than poor for watching the shower but I hope to see it tonight if at all possible :( We were outside last night didn't see anything...

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds