Show Navigation Menu

Perseid meteor shower

More
13 years 8 months ago #24193 by cemwerewolf
Wouldn't you know it? After weeks of clear skies and sunshine we've had constant cloud cover at night ever since the meteor showers started. Looks like I'll be missing out on them too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24196 by black_magnolia
cemwerewolf wrote:

Wouldn't you know it? After weeks of clear skies and sunshine we've had constant cloud cover at night ever since the meteor showers started. Looks like I'll be missing out on them too.

Well, the showers started on July 23rd and the peak of the shower when it's the best to see them was August 12th, so I'd say it's also a problem of being too late aware of their active period...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24204 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Perseid meteor shower
Envy wrote:

Even on the off chance the skies are clear, the chances of seeing one at all decrease as the days go by, don't they?

Yes, I think so. Plus the moon is waxing, so that will make the sky brighter, and the meteors a bit harder to see in contrast.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24230 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Perseid meteor shower
Morgana wrote:

Envy wrote:

Even on the off chance the skies are clear, the chances of seeing one at all decrease as the days go by, don't they?

Yes, I think so. Plus the moon is waxing, so that will make the sky brighter, and the meteors a bit harder to see in contrast.

:P Pssh, it was so cloudy today that the moon disappeared behind the clouds too, tonight!

Ridiculous - My mother and I looked on the internet for information, and one website told us that we'd still have chances of seeing meteors at 8am in England.

I think that they were just careless with time conversions, as 8am in England is about..Midnight in Seattle. All fine for the Americans to see the meteors. I know my aunties keep boasting that they've seen tons. :woohoo: Grr! *Jealous*

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds