Show Navigation Menu

Perseid meteor shower

More
13 years 9 months ago #24009 by Morgana
The annual Perseid meteor shower is happening this week... Thursday night, August 12, is supposed to be the best night to see them. At least in eastern North America anyway... I'm not sure if that would be different in other parts of the world or not.

It should be dark enough on my back deck to get a good view... provided the sky is clear, that is! Anyone else planning to stay up and watch the show?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24012 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Perseid meteor shower
Thank you for the info! I'll try to watch it.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24018 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Perseid meteor shower
Morgana wrote:

The annual Perseid meteor shower is happening this week... Thursday night, August 12, is supposed to be the best night to see them. At least in eastern North America anyway... I'm not sure if that would be different in other parts of the world or not.

It should be dark enough on my back deck to get a good view... provided the sky is clear, that is! Anyone else planning to stay up and watch the show?

Issue is location I guess. I have no idea when or if it'll be visible in England. I'll keep an eye on the news anyway - And my brother comes back from the US soon. He keeps up to date with this kind of stuff.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24028 by Serpenvicis
In Croatia the best night for watching it was yesterday. I tried to see it, but it was too cloudy.. :(

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24033 by black_magnolia
Serpenvicis wrote:

In Croatia the best night for watching it was yesterday. I tried to see it, but it was too cloudy.. :(

Well, in the news-paper today they said it's best to see them in the night from the 12th to the 13th, ergo tonight.
I won't be able to see them because I can't get out of the town.
The best place to watch them is somewhere where there is no light pollution.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #24036 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Perseid meteor shower
Ooh! Heard it on the news today!

For us in England, the meteor shower will be visible best at 11pm and afterwards, weather permitting. Doesn't look promising, been cloudy all day. I also live very close to the city centre, but light pollution has never been a real issue.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds