Show Navigation Menu

Gifts.

More
13 years 7 months ago #23891 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Gifts.
Here in Australia, people are always willing to get something exchanged just in case the gift is not exactly right.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #23893 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gifts.
black_magnolia wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

Yeah, my brother was given a giftcard for a music store, but he could find nothing worth buying that suited his tastes. The annoying thing was, I offered to buy it off him but he declined...I could've used it.

haha sounds so familiar! XD my sister would rather throw something in the garbage then let me use it. XD
I don't even know if any music store here in Croatia has the option of gift cards. Usually only book stores and some clothing stores have them. Gift cards are not really that wide spread of a thing here. Usually you're stuck with the things you get as gifts, not really easy to get them exchanged because you always need a bill and gifts usually don't go with bills... and some people get really emotional if you show them you don't really like their gift... :S

Ah..I get giftcards a lot, but the problem is..It's always for places I don't really like shopping at. I received one 25 GBP giftcard after my first place in employment and it was for New Look, which I next to never go into. :woohoo: I think I ended up spending it on underwear anyway. It's not my kind of shop.

If I don't get that, I get a WHSmith card..And that's basically stationery shopping.

I think if I had a choice, I'd like an Argos giftcard. More choices there. Lots more choices. Hard to explain what Argos sells if you don't have them in your country, but basically - They sell everything from jewellery, to electronics, to games and toys. :woohoo:

More
13 years 7 months ago #23902 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Gifts.
Yeah...I usually end up with pretty useless cards too...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 7 months ago #23903 by Envy
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

Here in Australia, people are always willing to get something exchanged just in case the gift is not exactly right.

Hmm that reminds me - My dad bought my mother a ruby necklace for her birthday, because she asked for one, and she ended up changing her mind and exchanging it for a ruby ring, haha.

My dad's used to it by now. My mother usually exchanges whatever he gets her. :woohoo: He just takes a guess at what she'd like, usually.

Oh..And..What was the worst gift someone's ever gotten you? Because I recall one Christmas, 'Santa' gave me a pocket dictionary. :S I think it was that same Christmas that my father received 3 alarm clocks as well.

More
13 years 7 months ago #23914 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gifts.
Worst gift I received? now, that's a hard question, because most of the stuff I get isn't really on the good gifts list to start with... I usually try to tell myself that the people at least made an effort to get me something, but I often just wish they wouldn't bother. If I have to write something, then that would be a blue plastic mobile holder (blue being the colour I distaste most and having no use for a mobile holder) that come along with a pirated copy of Diablo (pc game) and a little red plush mouse. :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #23928 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Worst gift I received? now, that's a hard question, because most of the stuff I get isn't really on the good gifts list to start with... I usually try to tell myself that the people at least made an effort to get me something, but I often just wish they wouldn't bother. If I have to write something, then that would be a blue plastic mobile holder (blue being the colour I distaste most and having no use for a mobile holder) that come along with a pirated copy of Diablo (pc game) and a little red plush mouse. :(

:S Ouch..Is all I can think. A pirated copy? Of all things!

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds