Show Navigation Menu

What is something rare that you possess?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #27513 by metaller
now that I think of it I have the complete saiyuki manga series collection, ok it isn't still quite rare to find but almost no one has it and I'm proud of having it because I grew with saiyuki anime and when I started to have some money in my pockets I bought the mangas and discovered they were even better!!!

and I just discovered that this message gave me the 50' point... :woohoo: :woohoo: I hope I'll win something in this raffle
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by metaller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #27529 by nwbevk
With much sadness, most of my physical items were stolen this year, including a few things rare enough I'll never find them again. Really missing my dark purple goblet with the pentagram etched in. But they didn't get my ivory dagger! Bought by my now deceased father while over seas, given as a gift to my mom, and now is mine. 100% ivory dagger, handle carved like a dragons head, scabbard carved with an almost lace like dragon design. Such an amazing piece.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by nwbevk.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27531 by King Pete
nwbevk wrote:

With much sadness, most of my physical items were stolen this year, including a few things rare enough I'll never find them again. Really missing my dark purple goblet with the pentagram etched in. But they didn't get my ivory dagger! Bought by my now deceased father while over seas, given as a gift to my mom, and now is mine. 100% ivory dagger, handle carved like a dragons head, scabbard carved with an almost lace like dragon design. Such an amazing piece.

that dagger sounds nice, any chance of a pic?

More
13 years 5 months ago #27532 by scootiebee
Well, I have a one-of-a-kind dress by Kambriel, I have Salman Rushdie's autograph in a copy of one of his books. Actually I have a lot of author and musician autographs, as well as U.S. sports people. I don't think most of those are particularly rare, though. I have a lot of unique things (like jewelry I have made, art works made by my daughter, etc.), but I can't really think of anything of particular monetary value that I have that is rare. Maybe my grandmother's wedding ring (she was married in 1937). Maybe a Ming Dynasty era \"ladies table\" which is basically a small chest with a carved back sort of like a tiny dressing table, from China. Maybe that does qualify.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds