Show Navigation Menu

Have you ever visited _________?

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #23498 by Morgana
I've been doing some research into my family history lately, and discovered an ancestor who was born in the Shetland Islands of Scotland. To me, in Canada, this seems like a very exotic location which I'd love to visit someday. Well, all of Scotland really, but the Shetlands in particular now. I'm curious to know if anyone here has ever been there?

I've also started this thread as a sort of catch-all, regarding traveling... just fill in the blank in the title with whatever location interests you.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Morgana.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23518 by black_magnolia
I'd also like to visit Scotland. :) A friend spends her vacation there almost every summer and she loves it so much that she even thinks about moving there...

There are so many places I'd like to visit, to many to count...

Has anyone been to Istanbul, Turkey?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23532 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Nope, but my little brother has a friend who has a holiday home in Turkey. He adores it there, but he did say that you do get a fair few who try to rip you off. He said that when you buy drinks, you have to check the seals, because sometimes, rogue traders pick up bottles, fill them with God knows what and then seal them again with glue to make them look like new.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23546 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Nope, but my little brother has a friend who has a holiday home in Turkey. He adores it there, but he did say that you do get a fair few who try to rip you off. He said that when you buy drinks, you have to check the seals, because sometimes, rogue traders pick up bottles, fill them with God knows what and then seal them again with glue to make them look like new.

I'll have to remember this if I ever go there. Doesn't really surprise me, but still I wasn't really thinking about it...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23555 by gothic-grace
I'd like to visit New zealand when I'm older... it looks so nice there :) compared to boring England lol

More
13 years 9 months ago #23560 by scootiebee
I love Scotland, but haven't been there for many years. It has the perfect weather for me, rarely hot, often cold and wet. Love it.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds