Show Navigation Menu

What did you want to be?

More
13 years 9 months ago #23427 by Deviika
Replied by Deviika on topic Re:What did you want to be?
Stange how many people had the idea of being a vet!
I too had this dream, but it too was dashed when i realised i
would have to put animals to sleep :(
Then from 12-13 onwards i really wantd to be a psychologist.
That dream was also dashed when my parents moved me to Spain and i was unable to finish school.
Now i work in a pharmacy and have done for the past 5 years.
It's not exactly what i had planned but i'm loving it all the same.

Deviika

In death we are all the same, Life is for being different

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23429 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What did you want to be?
Deviika wrote:

:P I think that many children just happen to have a soft spot for animals etc. which may be why 'vet' comes up as a common career wish. ^.^ That's just my guess anyway.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23454 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:What did you want to be?
Envy wrote:

Deviika wrote:

:P I think that many children just happen to have a soft spot for animals etc. which may be why 'vet' comes up as a common career wish. ^.^ That's just my guess anyway.

That makes sense to me... little kids probably think that being a vet just means you get to play with kittens and puppies all day. It's only once you realize the reality of it, that it doesn't seem like such a great job anymore.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23567 by scootiebee
I went through a phase where I wanted to be a doctor, and almost actually went through with medical school, but didn't at the last moment. I had almost decided to study geology and anthropology at one university, and medicine at the other, and had to decide, so I decided to move out of state and go to neither university. I still regret not going, but I think I would have chosen anthropology in the end. Loves me the bones! :)

My daughter has wanted from the age of 2 to be an astronaut. I don't think it is a reasonable goal, but I will do all in my power to help here there. For 8 years, we have been spending a lot of time learning about the universe, NASA, and science in general, much to her delight. She has some interest in writing (she writes stories, keeps journals, etc.), and has expressed some interest in other careers, but she keeps coming back to science in general.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23572 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Hmm...the list is long for me...let's try to go in order: fairy princess (that only lasted a couple of months though), vet, palaentologist, geologist, archaeologist, actress, musician, writer, artist, zoologist, mechanic, helicopter pilot.
Currently though, I'm hoping to join the army and become a aircraft technician, which means I'll basically get to install flight computers, life support systems and get to test pilot the aircraft before it goes out for work. If I don't manage that, I'd love to study Western herbal medicine.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 9 months ago #23574 by Serpenvicis
hm.. When I was 6 years old I wanted to be astronaut. Then I wanted to be hairdresser. My final decision is totally different. I intend to finish oceanology and pass rate for the scuba diver. I love sea, that's the reason for that. ;)

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds