Show Navigation Menu

What did you want to be?

More
13 years 9 months ago #23224 by Envy
I presume you all had dreams and aspirations as a child and, for some reason, when you're a child, adults always ask \"What do you want to be when you grow up?\".

Well - Here's a nice blast from the past. I'm curious as to what you all dreamt of becoming when you were kids, regardless of how silly your aspirations may sound in retrospect. :P I recalled having a friend who wanted to be a 'turtle' when she grew up, after watching too many mutant ninja turtle episodes and one thought led to another.

When I was little, I dreamt of first being a vet, until I realised you had to perform surgery and generally get very mucky and hands-on.

For a while I wanted to be a movie director, until everyone around me pointed out that in reality, that probably won't happen in the UK and you'd probably need to be in America for the best chances.

'Astronaut' was also in my head for a while, but the probability of it seemed more and more unlikely as I grew up.

Then I thought..Maybe concept art for games or games programming..But the whole science/maths thing for that put me off and my parents claimed concept artists/graphic designers found it difficult to earn much.

And then since the age of 13, I've had my heart set on becoming a barrister. Nothing's knocked that dream down yet, but hey, life's tough and unpredictable. I like a challenge anyway. :woohoo:

So - What did you all dream of becoming?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23235 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:What did you want to be?
I've always wanted to be a sculptor in wood!
And, since I'm with My Man He guides me in this direction. He gives me advice, but he let me learn on my own to not influence me. :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #23237 by black_magnolia
When I was 6-7 years old, I wanted to have a goat farm, because my grandparents kept goats and I liked the animals, but I soon got over it. I don't remember ever really thinking about anything else then being a lawyer. When I had to go to uni I though for a bit about becoming a doctor because my grandmother died just a couple months before I had to choose, but I figured I could never do that job.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #23238 by StephenG
Long,long ago ,in the the Before Time, I had the whole plan mapped out to be a police officer

...what the ##%*@!%%? happened ??????????? :cheer:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by StephenG.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23240 by UraharaZR
I always wanted to be a cook,but alas,my wishes and wishes of my parents were not the same :/

More
13 years 9 months ago #23282 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:What did you want to be?
I've been thinking about this since I first read this topic yesterday, but I honestly can't remember having any burning desire, as a child, for any particular career. Which probably explains why I just kind of fell into the job I have now. I like my job (at least most of the time) but it's very hard to explain what I do.

I do envy people who have such clear goals and aspirations though. It must be nice to have a certain path to follow from such a young age.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds