Show Navigation Menu

Compliments.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22532 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Compliments.

Oh..But then I would worry that they wouldn't hear my compliment and then I'd be ignored and very embarassed for trying..I tend not to get heard when I speak, generally.

I have the same problem when I am panicing about talking to someone :D I agree with black_magnolia and StephenG compliments are a good boost and it comes naturally for me to give them because I am sweeped with the moment and at that moment I am not affraid I just go oh look at that and waltz right up to him especially if I am not alone...eventhough it rarely happens nowadays since I am in da house most of the time.

Maybe you should just try and break the mold for british people yourself since I think it is a shame you folks don't comunicate on a relaxed level, and when you try it out just a bit it will be more easy the more you do it (of course if you really want to) and you shall feel better :D and get a few tips as well :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22534 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Compliments.
Practice makes perfect. Envy, if you are so afraid that you won't be heard then practice in front of a mirror or with friends. It may sound strange but it helps. :) Don't get discouraged if you fail the first time, it happens even to the best of us. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22539 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Compliments.
I think compliments are a wonderful thing! I often give them to complete strangers and, more often then not, they tell me I've made their day. I know I always feel a little brighter when I get complimented too . . .

More
14 years 1 month ago #22542 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Compliments.
I understand what you mean.
Nowadays compliments can be misperceived.

I am a man who likes to give compliments to people I love and women in general. Like this, for free. No ulterior motives. But! Many people believe that I dredges ... Because when people make a compliment, that they have an idea in mind ...

While I know that it's nice to be complimented so when I think of many a person as I say it for nothing.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #22543 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:Compliments.
Hello world

I'm a bit strange with them myself, i find less is more. But to my friends and those who i care about i more compliment them though actions, BUT on occasion when they are down i use my word smithery to say somehting nice. I don't do it often but when i do i make it count.

I just think a nice word or something special should be said for people who make an effort in apperance also :D but yes'em sometimes people do take it as a come on more then anything which is a touch annoying.
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by Malkie.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22547 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Compliments.
:) Hmm yes, I think I need to build up my confidence more. I was in London again today and saw people who were clearly busy and not approachable, but were very much complimentable. Then thought occurred to me - Even if they had been free to compliment, my very short height in comparison would make me all the more difficult to notice and hear.

:S

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds