Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
14 years 3 months ago #15287 by Morgana
This is a good time to start planning, if you want to grow any outdoor plants this summer. Think about things like how much sun and rain your yard gets, how windy it is, what colours you want, etc. If you're going to try growing from seeds, you can start them indoors several weeks before it's time to plant outside, then transfer them when it's warmer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #15312 by scootiebee
This is the time of year I usually start planning my garden (and planting a few more bulbs hopefully to come up in spring), but this year there is too much snow outside to even think about it right now. I don't even know which of my current plants have survived being crushed to death by the weight of the snow piled on them. My juniper bush is still slanted, but we are going to try to prop it up tomorrow (too windy and still snowing today), but hopefully it can be saved. I just have to wait for everything to melt enough to see what has to be replaced and what will survive. It is very frustrating not knowing what is under all that snow.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #15319 by millkins
I am planning too, to plant more lemons :D and I have a task, buy something with actual flowers (my mum took my flowers). I think it is simple enough, can't wait for it to stop snowing. :kiss:

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago #15322 by cemwerewolf
I can't wait for the spring! Last fall I planted black tulips and amethyst crocuses. I can't wait to see if they made it through this bitter winter!

More
14 years 2 months ago #15373 by Morgana
I planted some spireas (smallish shrubs, with white flowers) last summer, so I hope they survive the winter. I can't see them under the snow, but I can still see the markers I placed by them, so at least I know the neighbours haven't run over them with their ATVs.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15807 by spiderling13
Purple/Dark Edibles:

Purple Beans:

Eggplant:

Beet Bulls Blood:

Giant Red Mustard:

Pinot Noir Sweet Pepper:

Radicchio:

Purple Cailiflower:

Black Truffle Tomato:

Purple Ruffle Basil:

I have planted slightly different varieties this year, I have black brandywine tomatoes, and dark purple sweet peppers along with giant red mustard which makes great salads.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds