Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
14 years 7 months ago #2414 by janelle hell
CorpseQueen wrote:

Jealous about the rose, because this one knows she wouldn't be able to keep it alive... I do my best, but something that only relies on my memory is doomed... I only every remember things when it's too late, like watering the flowers. Hopefully tho, that will change, because I do believe flowers are so beautifull, and I'd have my whole room filled with them if I just could take proper care of them

Oh, the roses needed to be watered only every few days, unless it was very hot outside, so they were actually pretty easy to take care of! If you want some fairly low maintenance flowers, try planting some lily or gladiolus bulbs...you water them every few days or so (they don;t mind being neglected, unless one forgets to water them for, oh, a couple of weeks) & you'll have LOTS of flowers to cut & take inside when they bloom!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2415 by janelle hell
cemwerewolf wrote:

Those are some gorgeous flowers janelle. The only thing that bloomed in my garden this year was my setums. They are a ground creeper with tiny purple flowers. They are quite beautiful but I only have two so the rest of the yard looks pretty bleak.

The setum *are* very pretty; don't know where you live, but in California they were so prolific that they could be planted instead of grass for a lawn.

Hope your garden fares better next year : D

More
14 years 7 months ago #2453 by RavenDarkmoon
I would love to have a garden.

I have went shopping for preaty's. Planted them and fallowed the directions. I event ask my mother in law (who has a green thumb) what can I do to help it not die. Still the poor thing is doomed.

Its so bad that once they get to the point if dieing (witch don't take long) I give it to my mother in law and low and behold its all green and flowers every where.

Some times I think I cursed and never meant to have one. :(

More
14 years 7 months ago #2496 by cemwerewolf
My mother brought over a number of plants for me this year, claiming that they were impossible to kill but, alas, as I said only the setums bloomed. I think the main problem is that the previous owners had a couple of dogs who dug up and did their business all over the yard so the ground is kind of detoxifying now. I'll have to wait until next spring and start again once I see what survives. I'm in central Canada so we have some pretty bleak and harsh winters. Maybe around april I can start working again.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2497 by janelle hell
cemwerewolf wrote:

My mother brought over a number of plants for me this year, claiming that they were impossible to kill but, alas, as I said only the setums bloomed. I think the main problem is that the previous owners had a couple of dogs who dug up and did their business all over the yard so the ground is kind of detoxifying now. I'll have to wait until next spring and start again once I see what survives. I'm in central Canada so we have some pretty bleak and harsh winters. Maybe around april I can start working again.

Oh, I see! Yes, when dogs, um, you know...all over the yard, it makes the soil acidic. It'd be easy to remedy it with some good topsoil (not fertilizer, just good soil...ask someone at a nursery or garden center to help you out; shouldn't cost more than about $4 for a big ol' bag of it).

If you live where it freezes in the winter, you should be able to grow tulips (they have black tulips!), snowdrops, and lilacs (gorgeous purple flowers + smell soooo good!) easily : D

More
14 years 7 months ago #2498 by janelle hell
Here's a GRAT website *or actually, an archive of what was a great website*: web.archive.org/web/20001109030300/www.gothic.net/~malice/

There are sections on black flowers, \"witch's gardens\", etc, etc, etc. It's very informative & has lots of interesting ideas...

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds