Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
14 years 2 months ago #16134 by spiderling13
That cabbage is gorgeous!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16140 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

I have a large red maple in the front garden, and a smaller one planted in a row of odd little shrubs. The maple tends to be overwhelmed by the other flowering shrubs surrounding it, but it must have looked great 10 years ago when all the bushes were small. Now they are all too large to fit the space, and I have to decide what to do with them, since they grow all over each other. And now there are wild raspberries growing in that same area of shrubs.

Ooh..We used to have wild strawberries growing amongst our normal strawberries. :P They smelled amazing..All sticky and sweet.

I think I'll make it an aim of mine this year to keep a magnolia plant alive. ^.^ I'll try keeping it indoors..

I always wanted to keep a creeping plant in my room so it could scale my walls..But I don't know if that's a very wise idea at all. It'd look pretty, but the heat of my radiators might not do it good if it crept that far, plus I think it could get into tiny cracks in the walls etc..Or just die from lack of sunlight..

More
14 years 2 months ago #16152 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

I always wanted to keep a creeping plant in my room so it could scale my walls..But I don't know if that's a very wise idea at all. It'd look pretty, but the heat of my radiators might not do it good if it crept that far, plus I think it could get into tiny cracks in the walls etc..Or just die from lack of sunlight..

Not a wise idea in my opinion. It's not really healthy to keep plants in the same room where you sleep as plants produce carbon dioxide during the night. One plant won't really do a big deal but not really recommended...
& a radiator shouldn't be a big problem. My sister keeps her orchid above the radiator on the windowsill and it's alive and well.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16159 by scootiebee
I just wouldn't want a plant in the house that sent out roots all along a vine. I wouldn't want it to damage walls or furniture. And I have never kept a plant in a room where I sleep. Strange, but I didn't even consider the overnight carbon dioxide release of plants, but that is true. When there is no sun, they produce CO2, but probably not enough to kill you. But just subconsciously, I usually have the plants in the kitchen and the living room, rather than the bedroom.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16187 by black_magnolia
I slept a couple of times in a room with a lot of plants, not really comfortable. It's like sleeping in a room with stale air. I always open the window of my bedroom before I go to bed, to air it a bit, I just sleep better that way. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16190 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I slept a couple of times in a room with a lot of plants, not really comfortable. It's like sleeping in a room with stale air. I always open the window of my bedroom before I go to bed, to air it a bit, I just sleep better that way. :)

Oh wow..It makes that much of a difference? I never knew that.

I can never sleep with windows open just because I hate curtains flying around, I hate the sudden chill from outside and I hate having things flying into my warm room whilst I can't see them.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds